New G3 neck and redesigned mid-range tone hole sizes help to improve overall intonation and provides the optimal playing balance.
New tone hole sizes
The smaller C, C#, D & E tone hole diameters provide for better intonation
New inner pad cup diameter
The new smaller cup diameter allows for better response and resonance
The custom handmade G3 neck improves intonation
New keys and hook position
Key and hook placement have been changed for better comfort
Tilting style low Bb spatula keys
The position, height, angle and shape of the left-hand pinky keys have all been carefully redesigned to provide extraordinary comfort and quick response.
Adjustable thumb rest
All Yamaha saxophones feature an adjustable thumb rest to allow for precise and comfortable hand and fingering position.
Refined key shape and dimension
Yamaha saxophone keys are not simply shaped and positioned according to mechanical necessity. The entire system is designed from the player's perspective, with emphasis on comfort, speed, and overall playability. The natural feel of the keys eliminates the need to adapt to an unnatural or uncomfortable key layout.
The YTS-875EX tenor saxophone is available in silver (YTS-875EXS), and black lacquer (YTS-875EXB).
- Level : Custom
- Key : Bb
- Neck : New Custom G3 (handmade)
- Neck Material : French brass
- Body Material : French brass, 1 piece
- Bell Material : French brass
- Key Material : Yellow Brass
- Key Buttons : Mother of pearl
- Finish : Gold baked epoxy lacquer (YTS-875EX); Silver plated (YTS-875EXS); Black lacquer (YTS-875EXB)
- Tone Holes : Drawn
- Auxiliary Keys : Front F ; High F#
- Mouthpiece : Yamaha 4CM
- Mouthpiece Cap : Yellow brass; Gold lacquer or silver plated
- Ligature : Yellow brass; Gold lacquer or silver plated
- Spring Type : Blue steel needle
- Pad Type : Waterproof leather and wool felt with plastic tone boosters
- Bell Decoration : Hand engraved
- Thumb Hook : Adjustable plastic
- Pivot Screw : Bullet tip design with head
- Mounting : Ribbed and flanged