The solid nickel silver edition of the H178, model H179 has especially good center and projection. This free-blowing horn features a rich, dark sound designed especially for the ?big horn? artist; the tapered tubing and throat of the bell are larger for a bigger, darker tone. The bell flare produces a mellow, velvety tone plus a little overtone of a ringing quality. Hard nickel silver responds quickly and sounds brighter up close. The most popular Farkas model. Available with attached bell or detachable bell.
- Independent tuning system for intonation versatility.
- All solid nickel-silver
- One of the first French Horns to have a water key installed on the mouth pipe
- Small hole on end of water key to attach a string to the end of the water key for a quick release so a player can release water quickly without their hand ever leaving the levers.
- Levers designed with a short stroke and adjustable string attachment.
- Fourth lever is considered as one of the most comfortable, easy to operate thumb valves on the market. It is adjustable and has a short stroke.
- The bell flare produces a mellow tone plus a little overtone of a ringing quality. The hard nickel responds quickly and sounds brighter up close.
- Medium Cup Farkas Mouthpiece