Clarett OctoPre - Eight Air-enabled mic pres and eight analogue outputs
Clarett OctoPre provides eight specially-designed Clarett mic pres and 24-bit, 192 kHz A-D and D-A conversion that can be used to extend the capabilities of a Clarett interface – or any other interface fitted with ADAT optical inputs and outputs.
In addition to the mic pres there are eight channels of D-A conversion providing eight analogue outputs. The eight mic pres feature automatic mic/line switching inputs and two front-panel instrument inputs. Designed specifically for the Clarett range, they offer plenty of gain, yet low noise and distortion - and great sound quality. They also include a special Air feature that switches in an analogue model of the classic transformer-based Focusrite ISA mic pre, switching the impedance of the preamp to that of the original ISA and enabling a transformer resonance effect, giving microphone sources the air and clarity of an ISA transformer-based mic pre recording. In addition, the mic pres have plenty of headroom and are ideal for recording drums and other extreme level sources.
The front panel instrument inputs feature extra headroom to handle high-output pickups, while the rear panel includes universal XLR/jack connectors for the remaining auto-switching mic/line inputs. In addition, each input has its own switched insertion point for single-cable connection of compression, equalization and other outboard analogue processing - with hard-wired relay bypass, so you can leave outboard gear or a patchbay connected ready to access at the press of a button. The inputs drive eight channels of precision 24-bit Focusrite A-D with 118dB dynamic range and standard sample rates up to 192kHz.
In addition to providing eight mic pres, the Clarett OctoPre offers D-A conversion (from the ADAT inputs, with 119dB dynamic range) of up to eight channels, making it perfect for mixing as well as tracking. The outputs appear on a 25-pin DSUB connector with standard wiring. The line outputs can optionally provide line level output feeds from the mic pres – useful for feeding a live console, for example, while recording the digital outputs. Aside from the insert point, the Clarett OctoPre is balanced end-to-end for maximum noise immunity.Clarett OctoPre Feature Checklist
- 8-channel I/O mic/line expansion with ADAT interfacing
- Eight Clarett-style mic pres with 'Air' transformer emulation effect
- Eight line outputs fed from D-A or mic pres
- 24-bit A-D and D-A up to 192kHz sample rate - ideal for hi-res audio
- Dual-port ADAT I/O - eight channels at up to 96kHz, four channels at 176.4/192kHz
- Switched insert with true bypass on every channel
- Mic Pres and front panel instrument inputs with extra headroom
- Six-segment LED metering and channel clip indicators
- 48v Phantom Power to all inputs
- Word Clock I/O and JetPLL jitter elimination
- Focusrite iOS Control now available - download the free Focusrite iOS Control app and adjust cue mixes remotely from an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch
- Monthly Focusrite Plug-In Collective offers with free or discounted plug-ins to registered Focusrite interface owners
Clarett OctoPre What’s In The Box:
- Clarett OctoPre
- Getting Started Guide
- Power Cable
Additional Info and Specs:
- Clarett OctoPre System Requirements: Not Applicable- This product is a standalone audio product without computer connectivity.
- Clarett OctoPre Included Software: N/A
- SKU Code: MOCL0005ULJP
- UPC Code: 815301008484
- AMS SKU Code: AMS-CLARETT-OCTOPRE
- Single Hardware Unit Weight: 10.14 lbs (With accessories), 9.15 lbs (Without accessories)
- Single Boxed Unit Weight: 13.08 lbs
- Multipack Box Weight (5 Pieces) : 68.36 lbs
- Dimensions: (1.75 x 18.98 x 11.26)
- Dimensions: (13.74 x 23.94 x 3.58)
- Dimensions: (15.16 x 24.76 x 18.90)