Michael J. Burritt, Professor of Percussion at the world-renowned Eastman School of Music, came to Malletech in 2010 to lay down a challenge. He wanted low octave reaches as easy as our Stiletto Marimba, but with a sound as big as our full-sized instruments. He wanted more highs on the highs and more lows on the lows. He wanted a completely new look. What he really wanted, was a Malletech of the future, but he wanted it NOW.
- Patented Super Smooth Technology (“SST”).
- Patented metal-topped resonator tuners.
- Massive 4-inch diameter slow-bent low resonators.
- New deep-bass bar geometry.
- Extremely rigid twin-screw, belt-driven height adjustment.
- Harley look, Stradivarius sound. The Malletech of the future, here today.