This all-in-one training pack was created to be the ultimate "how-to guide" for drummers that want to master the art of drum set tuning. Therefore, we spent countless hours compiling information to put together a comprehensive course that simply covers every single aspect of drum tuning.
Format: DVD Video (All Regions)
Run Time: Over 4 Hours
Resources: 2 DVDs
Release Date: March 10, 2008
Published By: Railroad Media Inc.
Featuring: Mike Michalkow
- Drum Set Maintenance - This section includes information about polishing your drums, cleaning your cymbals (with advanced tips on how to deal with different types), and keeping your single and double bass drum pedals in perfect working condition!
- Changing Your Drumheads - Here you will learn how to change drumheads for each type of drum individually. Mike covers the snare drum, bass drum, and tom-toms each individually - with special drum-specific tips to be sure you get the best results from each drum!
- Snare Drum Tuning - Mike explains exactly how to tune this important drum to be sure you get a perfect crack each and every time. He covers the top and bottom drum heads, the snare wires, and the snare throw-off. You'll learn how to adjust each of these components to get the best results!
- Bass Drum Tuning - This section includes specialized information about bass drum tuning. Mike explains several advanced concepts to ensure you get great tone from this booming drum. He explains a variety of adjustments that will allow you to change the sound of this drum to suit your needs.
- Tom-Tom Tuning - Mike wraps up the basic tuning section with specialized tips about tom-tom tuning to ensure you get great tone from all the toms in your set. It doesn't matter if you have two, three, four, or even 5+ toms in your drum set. This section will show you exactly how to make them sound great all together!
- Tuning for Rock Music - This section includes important tips and tricks on how to tune your drums for various rock drumming situations.
- Tuning for Latin Music - Here Mike explains the adjustments needed for playing along with a variety of Latin music styles.
- Tuning for Jazz Music - Mike shows exactly how to get a kit ready for swinging along with some fun Jazz tunes.
- Studio Drumming Tips - This lesson includes advanced tips for drummers that are interested in studio drumming. Mike walks you through essential information you will need to know long before you go into any recording gig!
- Drum Tuning Troubleshooting - Important tips for dealing with unique tuning situations. Mike explains how to troubleshoot odd situations to come up with quick solutions!
- Drum Muffling Techniques - Mike explains a wide variety of drum muffling options that you can use to tweak the sound of your drums. Always remember, muffling is never a solution to poor tuning, but is a way to enhance great tuning!
- Three full-length drum solos
- Two jam tracks