Prepare to make a lasting impression on your audience with the addition of DXS Series high-output, powered subwoofers to your sound reinforcement system. Featuring high-efficiency Class-D amplifiers and a customized woofer housed in a sturdy enclosure with a band-pass construction, DXS subwoofers are able to deliver up to 1020W of raw power with minimal distortion and superb clarity. Each of the three models that make up the series— the compact DXS12 and DXS15, as well as the new, high output DXS18—comes equipped with Yamaha state-of-the-art DSP processing, protection functions, and flexible crossover control, ensuring versatile management of your bottom end and seamless compatibility with Yamaha’s entire lineup of full-range powered speakers. DXS Series powered subwoofers offer a new level of flexibility, reliability, and power for engineers, artists and audiences that are serious about their bass.
DXS18 - 18” Active Subwoofer
The new DXS 18 achieves best in class SPL of up to 136dB and delivers the lowest frequency 32Hz in the lineup. Equipped with a band-pass type enclosure and high power handling 4-inch voice coil magnet that drives the 18-inch woofer, the Class-D amplifier delivers 1020W of power with exceptional clarity and accuracy.
- Speaker type: 18" Powered subwoofer, Band-pass type
- Frequency range (-10dB): 32Hz – 120Hz
- Components LF: 18" cone, Voice Coil:4"
- Output power: Dynamic:1020W / Continuous: 800W
- Maximum output level (1m; on axis): 136dB SPL
- I/O connectors: INPUT: XLR3-31 x2 , THRU: XLR-3-32 x 2(THROUGH or HPF POST)
- Processors: D-XSUB: BOOST, XTD LF, NORMAL
- Cooling: Natural convection
- Power requirements: 100V – 240V, 50Hz/60Hz
- Power consumption: 100W
- Pole socket: 35 mm (depth 80 mm) & M20 (threaded depth 25 mm)
- Dimensions: W = 563mm (22.2"), H = 683mm (26.8"), D = 721mm (28.4")
- Net weight: 49.7kg (110lbs)