Building upon our proud heritage, the Manley Nu Mu merges the esoteric “T-Bar mod” all-tube front end from the legendary Manley Variable Mu® and makes it standard followed by a new solid state audio chain for the smoothest dynamics action coupled to the punchiest sonic path.
Featuring Manley’s new HIP function, the Nu Mu finesses dynamic control to bring up lower level details without knocking the life out of exciting transients. Smartly engineered to build efficiently and esthetically designed to elicit ravishing compliments from your clients, both visually and ergonomically, the Manley Nu Mu breaks new ground in performance and value, all proudly handbuilt in California, of course!
The “HIP” control allows compression to happen at lower volumes (lower in the dynamic range spectrum), but leaves the louder dynamics alone while still compressing the overall signal. You get louder soft sections and original dynamics of the louder sections.
- Manley IRON® input transformers
- 4 x hand-matched 6BA6 vacuum tubes
- Balanced XLR inputs & outputs
- Manley HIP function raises soft dynamics without squashing louder passages
- High Voltage Switched Mode Power Supply custom designed for our vacuum tube audio circuits
Controls and Switches:
- Input Level Preset 3-way switches
- Continuously variable Output level controls
- Variable Attack: 25msec-70msec
- Recovery switch 5 steps: 0.2s, 0.4s, 0.6s, 4sec., 8sec.
- Continuously variable Threshold controls
- Hardwired Relay Bypass Switch
- Ratio Mode switches between Limit(4:1 to 20:1) or Compress (1.5 to 1)
- HP SC: High Pass Side Chain Filter -3dB @ 100Hz
- Stereo Link establishes Left-Master dynamic control
- Beautiful illuminated stereo VU meters read Gain Reduction or Output Level
- Universal internal power supply operates worldwide 90-250V~AC 50/60Hz