Organic tone. Massive creative potential.
Get ready to experience a whole new level of tone creation with THR100H Dual amp head.
Get ready to experience a whole new level of tone creation. THR100H Dual packs true dual-amp functionality into a single 5kg package. Both amps feature five custom-voiced amp types with natural, organic overdrive, Yamaha’s new ultra-dynamic power amp with selectable output tube simulations and selectable class A or A/B topology, independently assignable boosters, reverbs and IR speaker simulators, as well as selectable single or true dual-discrete inputs for genuine dual-path connectivity.
Ultra Dynamic Power Amp
- A great amp always has a certain something. More than just great tone, it has dynamics that breathe life into every note and give punch to every chord. With THR amp heads, Yamaha’s engineers have captured the component-level interaction between the speakers and the power amp (the murky world known as the damping factor) and tuned it to perfection, achieving a new level of performance excellence, even at low volumes. Don’t worry about hearing the difference— you’ll feel it as soon as you plug in and play.
THR100H offers 5 amp types
- MODERN An “American-modded” version of the Lead amp-type, slightly more saturation and smooth, fluid overdrive LEAD Medium-gain British tone with rich, controllable overdrive and great definition CRUNCH Low-powered, bright British tone with soft touch and chiming high-end CLEAN Warm, rounded American tone with late breakup and incredible dynamics SOLID Clean, solid-state amp for zero breakup at any level
THR100H offers 5 tube types
- 6V6 Warm, soft, round sound with rich harmonics and easy distortion EL84 Smooth feel with soft, tactile, harmonically rich response and a pleasingly musical top end. Widely used in modern class A amps KT88 Big, clean, tight sound with outstanding headroom—great for rock, where more pronounced note definition is desirable 6L6GC Strong, pronounced midrange character and bright, clean, powerful punch. Commonly associated with American guitar sounds EL34 Pronounced midrange, tight low end and crisp treble. The most recognisable British guitar sound *THR100H Dual/THR100H do not incorporate physical tubes in its design. Instead, it utilizes Yamaha’s VCM Technology to faithfully reproduce the characteristics of each of these tube types.
Lightweight design …heavyweight tone
- Belying their awesome tone, stage-ready volume and the playing experience of an amp full of glass tubes and transformers, THR head amps tip the scales at under 5kg. We guarantee you’ve never come across an amp as lightweight and compact that sounds like such a heavyweight.
Impulse Response Speaker Simulation
- Any amp only sounds as good as the last link in the signal chain– and in a great sounding rig, that’s usually a cabinet and microphone. THR amp heads use impulse response speaker simulation to drive a DI tone that’s indistinguishable from a perfectly mic’d cabinet. With simulations of a range of industry-standard cabinets and mics available via a USB connection with your PC, THR amp heads give you a host of options straight out of the box. But it doesn’t stop there– you can use any IR file available online, taking advantage of a huge community of tone-hounds creating custom impulses for download, or even use third party software to create your own. The difference in tone can range from subtle to significant, and the possibilities are endless. Supported IR File Format File format: .aif / .aiff / .wav Bit Depth: 16bit / 24bit / 32bit Integer Channel: Mono / *Stereo (*Only usable either one channel) Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz IR Length: 2048 points
High Resolution Connectivity
- THR amp heads are equipped with XLR line outputs for connection to professional recording or live sound equipment. The speaker outputs don’t even need a dummy load, so you can disconnect your speakers for silent recording or on-stage performance without having to worry about damage to your amp.
- The controls on THR amp heads go back to basics for quick, easy manipulation of your sound. An instantly familiar control layout along with intuitive response and interaction thanks to VCM’s component modeling, means that dialing in your sound is exactly like you expect it to be. No menus, no options, no hidden functions. Just plug in and play.
- An included dedicated footswitch is available for each model, giving you the control you need at home, in the studio or on-stage. With access to boost, reverb and FXloop functions, plus A/B/A+B switching for THR100HDual, everything’s right where you need it. Industry-standard 5-pin DIN MIDI connectors even allow you to replace and extend the cable easily and cost-effectively.
- THR amp heads come equipped with USB functionality that lets you connect to your computer for quick and easy configuration of the on-board reverb and booster effects, switching between serial and parallel effects setups, and uploading of IR data files.
Perfect cabinet for THR100H
- Almost all of the classic tube sounds of the last few decades have been a product of the synergy between a high-quality amp head and a dedicated speaker cabinet designed to complement the unique sonic characteristics of the amp. The THRC112/THRC212 are no different, and have been crafted and tuned specifically to accommodate the versatile amp, speaker, and valve simulations of THR amp heads.