Our highest gain amplifiers to date and our very first amps to offer four stages of gain on two channels, the Dual Dark heads are both aggressive and flexible at the same time. With gain and master volume controls on both A and B, either channel can serve up clean, overdrive or insane levels of distortion, making these amps incredibly pliable despite their obvious Metal leanings.
Channel A is a completely new design with a voicing that reveals a fat and powerful EQ with strong open mids and a tight response. Channel B takes its roots from our much loved Dark Terror, with a lightning fast attack perfect for percussive down-tuned riffing.
Meanwhile, our footswitchable attenuator circuit allows for control over when and how the amp distorts after the preamp stage. Use the amp’s master volume controls to push the output stage into submission, then reduce the volume level with the attenuator, right the way down to ‘conversation’ levels. This feature can also be defeated remotely for a volume boost in a live setting. Unlike a loadbox, our design ensures the all-important relationship between the output transformer and the speaker remains intact, so even at very low volumes the amp remains springy and responsive. Finally, the amp is equipped with a highly transparent, low impedance valve buffered effects loop to take full advantage of the masses of gain available when using time-based effects.
- 100w Class A/B Two Channel Valve Head
- Two Master Volume Channels Each With Four Stages Of Gain
- Footswitchable Attenuator, Switchable Output Power (70, 50, 30w) & Valve Buffered Effects Loop
- Front Panel Controls (Right to Left): (Channel B) Gain, Shape, Volume | (Channel A) Gain, Bass, Middle, Treble | Attenuator, Full/Half Power Switch
- Rear Panel Controls: 4/2 Output Valve selector switch.
- Output Power: 100, 70, 50 or 30W
- Valves: 5 X 12AX7 | 1 X 12AT7 | 4 X EL34
- Speaker Output Options: 1×16Ω, 1×8Ω OR 2×16Ω
- Dimensions: 55 × 27 x 24cm (21.65 x 10.63 x9.45in)
- Weight: 24.0kg (52.0lb)