Real studio performance onstage - at present, this can only be found in the top model of LEWITT’s MTP Performance Series. Meeting the highest standards onstage and in the studio requires no less than the world’s most technically advanced, most innovative and most full-featured handheld condenser microphone: the new MTP 940 CM - a milestone of audio technology.
The externally biased large-diaphragm capsule of the MTP 940 CM lends the lead voice the necessary presence in an infinitely subtle, detailed and authentic way. The source comes through clearly and authentically, processed with impressive feedback resistance and with undesired breath, popping and handling noise efficiently reduced to a minimum.
The MPT 940 CM boasts a 135 dB dynamic range - the widest ever achieved in a live microphone - due to its high headroom and LEWITT’s own Direct Coupling circuit design, which makes possible an unbeatably low self-noise level of just 9 dB. This means that the MTP 940 CM is also ideal for use in the studio, whenever the goal is to create a live atmosphere with the highest degree of acoustic precision.
The MTP 940’s comprehensive features and settings outshine those of more than a few purebred studio microphones. Three switchable polar patterns - wide cardioid, cardioid and supercardioid - ease recording of the most diverse sources; from lead vocals to choirs and on to classic unplugged situations with a singer and an acoustic instrument. A three-step high-pass filter makes it possible to directly influence the proximity effect, adapting it in the best-possible way to the sound source. And the three-position switchable preattenuation pad guarantees use even in extreme SPL environments. LEDs that can be switched off if desired, mean that checking settings quick and easy - a boon in dark environments and helpful in ensuring a fast and trouble-free setup process. The mic’s extremely stable and rugged construction can take even the roughest everyday touring knocks with no problem.
- 1-inch externally biased, dual-system capsule with ultra-thin, gold-layered low-mass diaphragms ensure accurate transient response for nuanced and authentic sound
- Flat frequency response for natural sound
- Three consistent directional characteristics - cardioid, wide cardioid, supercardioid - for maximum flexibility in a variety of live and recording applications
- Superior dynamic range of 135 dB-A and exceptionally low self-noise of 9 dB-A thanks to innovative direct coupling technology (patent pending) for ear-catching realism and distortion-free sonic depth
- 3-position switchable pre-attenuation pad (0 dB, 6 dB, and 12 dB) for handling extremely high sound pressure levels
- 3-position switchable high-pass filter for direct adjustment of proximity effect according to application and artist
- Illuminated indication of microphone settings for quick and easy handling even in dark environments
- Recessed slide switches prevent unintended change of settings
- Effective integrated acoustic pop and windshield offers excellent protection without compromising high-frequency clarity
- Rock-solid full-metal, die-cast body for rough daily touring routine
- Hardened steel mesh grille to prevent wear and abuse
- Minimally affected by varying load impedance
- Corrosion-resistant gold-plated 3-pin XLR output connector
- Comes in a cardboard box including MTP 40 MCs shock mount and DTP 40 Lb artificial leather bag