The 10 x 10-inch "Carlsson Cube" can be placed unobtrusively on the floor or on a shelf, and sounds best with the angled drivers pointed toward the center of the room. The omni-directional speaker design allows sound to be dispersed evenly throughout your acoustic space. So, no matter where you are in the room in relation to the OD-11, you'll be able to hear your music clearly and accurately. One to four OD-11s can used be together at the same time and linked wirelessly, and there’s a switch on the unit that allows you to orient a speaker as left or right channel.
The OD-11 has been built for seamless interaction with the iPhone or iPad via Wi-Fi, allowing you to use your portable device to stream music directly to the speaker, or to control streaming from a different source, such as your computer’s iTunes library, or a cloud-based service, such as Soundcloud or Spotify. This is all made possible using Orthoplay, a user-friendly companion iOS app available as a free download from the Apple App Store. In addition, Orthoplay also features switchable bass and treble boosts for adding a little extra oomph to your listening experience, and an intuitive step-by-step graphical helper to assist you through the process of getting the OD-11 setup correctly on your Wi-Fi network, and properly talking to your iOS device. There is also a desktop-browser version of Orthoplay with much of the same functionality as the iOS app, but with a cool feature that allows you to drag and drop songs from Soundcloud to create your own playlists for streaming to the OD-11.
If you have never heard of Spotify or Soundcloud, or if you simply just still enjoy the experience of playing CDs, Teenage Engineering has not forgotten about you. The OD-11 is equipped with a stereo 3.5mm analog in, and an optical input for connecting devices like receivers, CD players, or portable devices that don’t have Wi-Fi capability.
While all of the OD-11’s music streaming is handled via Wi-Fi, the speaker is equipped with Bluetooth 4 LE technology for interfacing with the optional Ortho Remote. Extremely simple in design, this one-knob remote allows for convenient volume and transport control. Like the OD-11, the Ortho Remote's look is subtle and nonchalant. It could easily blend in with a piece of modern-looking furniture, to the point at which it would go mostly unnoticed
- Speaker Principle: Ortho-directional, flow optimised bass, reflex duct
- Frequency Range: 28 - 24,000Hz
- Materials: High-density board, reinforced PA 66, wire steel mesh
- Design Features: Single multi-configurable design for left/right or auto placement; left and right power-cord canal
- Tweeter: High efficiency, ferrofluid cooled neodymium cone tweeter
- Woofer: Long throw pulp cone woofer with magnetic short circuiting ring
- Amplifier: 100-watt analog class-D
- Wireless: Beam forming Wi-Fi technology, Bluetooth 4 Low Energy
- Inputs: 3.5mm stereo in, optical in
- Interface: Plus/minus button, function button, RGB LED, left/auto/right selector switch
- General Power Requirements: AC 110-240V 50-60Hz, universal power supply
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 10.3 x 10.7 x 10.3" (262 x 272 x 262mm)
- Volume: .35 cubic feet (10 Litres)
- Weight: 16.5 lb (7.5kg)