Built around a combination of signature circuits ranging from our classic tube models like the vintage Bass 400+™ and more recent Bass Strategy 8:88, to the most powered accuracy and mid-focused definition of the Big Block 750 and M9 Carbine the new SUBWAY D-800 embodies the best qualities from the entire MESA Bass lineage and unveils a unique new voice all its own.
Further Tone shaping is handled by our 4-Band Fixed, Rotary EQ Section comprised of bass, low mid, high mid and treble controls. While the bass and treble controls deliver sweet, musically useful regions of low end fundamental and top end clarity, it’s the two powerful overlapping mid bands that allow pinpoint accuracy when sculpting the important attack region and body of your tone.
Find Your Voice
This sweep-able version of the voicing control allows near infinite shaping and let’s you decide the degree of “sauce” that’s right for your individual bass and musical style.
An impedance switch allows you to optimize the subway’s mighty output power for a variety of speaker configurations and wiring schemes. Regardless of your impedance requirements, the subway delivers its authoritative power and great tone in full measure.
Subway D-800 Bass Amp Headphone Out
Headphone and aux inputs are provided so you can enjoy the subway’s great sound without disturbing others.
- Designed & Handcrafted in Petaluma, California
- Class D Power with 8/4 or 2 Ohm Impedance Switch for optimum Power to Load Performance
- 800 Watts @ 4 or 2 Ohms (400 @ 8)
- Active/Passive Input Switch
- Play/Mute Switch
- Preamplifier features: Input Gain with Clip Indicator (O/D LED), Variable Voicing (Flat to Vintage Scoop), Fully Active 4-Band EQ (+/- 12dB of Bass, Low-Mid, High-Mid, Treble) plus Deep Switch (for enhanced low-end) and Master Volume
- Balanced XLR Line Out with Pre/Post, Line/Mic & Ground Lift Switches
- Headphone Output
- Auxiliary Input
- Protection & Limit LED Indicators
- 2 Speakon Speaker Output Jacks
- Fan Cooled
- Gig Bag w/Strap