System: 19 keys, articulated G Sharp, automatic octave key.
For about twenty years, the bass clarinet has enjoyed a boom thanks to a broadened repertoire. A major player in this dynamic, SELMER Paris has accompanied this evolution by bringing constant improvements to a range widely praised for its acoustic qualities.
The “PRIVILEGE” bass clarinet marks de decisive step forward in the development of the instrument while keeping the basic design which made the previous models so successful.
It combines strikingly easy blowing and a round, warm sound that has gained in homogeneity and power. It’s versatility also enables real work on the sound imprint. Tuning is very much improved and balanced over all registers.
The overall ergonomics have evolved: easier key-work feels better under the fingers and allows a more natural and comfortable playing position. Its great responsiveness provides swiftness close to the B0-flat and opens up a feeling of freedom. Numerous technical improvements equally enhance the functioning of the instrument.
- Key: Bb
- Silver-Plated nickel silver and brass key-work
- Upper and lower joints in ebony
- Silver-plated brass bell
- Bore: -Upper joint: 23,5 mm - Lower joint: 23,4 mm
- 1 neck: One closed or one open curve
- Leather pads fitted with metal resonators
- Stainless steel needle springs
- Weight: clarinet to low E-flat: 2,9 kg – Clarinet to low C: 3,6 kg