Mackie, legendary maker of professional audio mixers, loudspeakers, studio monitors and recording equipment, and Audinate, developers of the industry-leading Dante media networking solution, have joined forces to bring high performance networked audio to the DL32R wirelessly controlled digital live sound mixer with the new DL Dante Expansion Card.
The pioneering DL32R is controlled completely wirelessly, using the Mackie Master Fader™ control app for iPad®, freeing sound engineers to mix from any location in a venue. The DL32R delivers 32-channels of powerful digital mixing with convenient direct-to-drive multi-track recording/playback, new Onyx+™ recallable microphone pre-amps, in an ultra-compact 3U rackmount design.
The new DL Dante Expansion Card provides 32×32 channels of network audio I/O, allowing the DL32R to be connected to any Dante-powered AV network. Dante delivers the easiest-to-use AV networking solution, featuring automatic discovery of devices, simple graphical audio routing, incredibly low latency and flawless interoperation with hundreds of Dante-enabled products. Flexible IO patching in the DL32R lets the user route Dante signals to any channel input, and send any of the mixer’s outputs to the Dante network.
The DL Dante Expansion Card ships with a license for Dante Virtual Soundcard software, allowing direct recording/playback of up to 64 channels of audio from any Dante network to a PC or Mac computer.
- 32x32 48 kHz digital audio interface connecting the Mackie DL32R to a Dante network using Cat5e
- Route any signal to the Dante network from the DL32R using Master Fader control software
- Dual Dante ports for daisy-chaining or redundant Dante mode
- Dedicated Wi-Fi control port eliminates need for Ethernet switch in many applications
- Automatic device discovery and custom channel naming with easy one click routing using Dante Controller software for Mac and PC