Players will immediately respond to the classic “chop” only a quality mandolin can deliver. We've hand-carved the spruce tops to optimize each instrument's individual character, and the thin “V” profile of the maple neck fits comfortably in the player's hand. Our removal of the fretboard extension beyond the 20th fret allows for easy strumming without the classic problem of getting hung up on the extended upper frets.
Grassroots Series mandolins are finished with Grover tuners, D'Addario strings and our unique “Harp” logo headstock decal. Whether for traditional bluegrass or more modern styles, our new Grassroots Series delivers the tone, style and vibe today's mandolin players want from their instruments.
- Top: Solid Hand-Carved Spruce
- Back & Sides Flamed Maple
- Neck: Maple
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Headstock Inlay: "The Loar" Gold Decal
- Finish Type: Satin
- Finish Options: Vintage Sunburst
- Tuning Machines: Grover 309FVN
- Scale Length: 13-29/32"
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Frets: 20
- Binding: Ivoroid
- Bridge: Compensated Adjustable Rosewood
- Upper Bout: 6-3/4"
- Lower Bout: 10"
- Nut, Width: Bone, 1-1/8"
- Depth: 2-1/2"
- Body Length: 12-3/4"
- Total Length: 27-1/4"
- Pickup: Available With Fishman Nashville Pickup