The Pearl FW2214BXC152 Wood Fiberglass 22”x14” Bass Drum in Antique Gold finish is part of the valiant return of the Wood Fiberglass Series. In a limited production offering for 2015, these drums hark back to the 60's where Pearl pioneered the fusion of fiberglass material to wood drum shells.
True to the legacy set by their innovative forefathers, new Wood/Fiberglass drums’ 7-ply Poplar/Kapur shell features an inner layer of Fiberglass that is hand-applied and lacquered through a painstakingly precise process. To further sculpt the tone of these unique drums, a sharp 45-degree edge is cut on the toms of each kit. This brings focus to the Kapur wood’s darker tonal qualities and accentuates the sonic cut of Fiberglass; delivering a unique combination of warmth, projection, and focused decay.
- 7-ply Poplar/Kapur Shells (2x Poplar / 4x Kapur / 1x Fiberglass)
- 7.5mm shell thickness
- Hand-applied inner layer of Fiberglass
- Wood Bass Drum Hoops w/Matching Finish
- Recessed Bass Drum Claws w/Rubber Lining
- Rounded Bearing Edges on Bass Drums
- Remo PowerStroke Bass Drum Heads (White Coated Vented Front Logo Head)
- RL10/20 Session style lugs
- Molded Rubber Gaskets