The Pearl FW1309TC152 Wood Fiberglass 13”x9” Tom in Antique Gold finish is part of the valiant return of the Wood Fiberglass Series. In a limited production offering for 2015, these drums hark back to the 60's where Pearl pioneered the fusion of fiberglass material to wood drum shells.
True to the legacy set by their innovative forefathers, new Wood/Fiberglass drums’ 7-ply Poplar/Kapur shell features an inner layer of Fiberglass that is hand-applied and lacquered through a painstakingly precise process. To further sculpt the tone of these unique drums, a sharp 45-degree edge is cut on the toms of each kit. This brings focus to the Kapur wood’s darker tonal qualities and accentuates the sonic cut of Fiberglass; delivering a unique combination of warmth, projection, and focused decay.
- 7-ply Poplar/Kapur Shells (2x Poplar / 4x Kapur / 1x Fiberglass)
- 7.5mm shell thickness
- Hand-applied inner layer of Fiberglass
- Sharp 45 degree bearing edges on toms
- Superhoops II hoops
- RL10/20 Session style lugs
- Remo Clear Pinstripe Tom Batter Heads
- Molded Rubber Gaskets
- OptiMount Suspension System