The Pearl FW943XP/C327 Wood Fiberglass 3 Piece Shell Pack w/ 24" BD in Satin Cocoa Burst finish is part of the valiant return of the Wood Fiberglass Series. In a limited production offering for 2015, these drums hark back to the 60's where Pearl pioneered the fusion of fiberglass material to wood drum shells.
True to the legacy set by their innovative forefathers, new Wood/Fiberglass drums’ 7-ply Poplar/Kapur shell features an inner layer of Fiberglass that is hand-applied and lacquered through a painstakingly precise process. To further sculpt the tone of these unique drums, a sharp 45-degree edge is cut on the toms of each kit, while the bass drums feature a fully-rounded bearing edge. This brings focus to the Kapur wood’s darker tonal qualities and accentuates the sonic cut of Fiberglass; delivering a unique combination of warmth, projection, and focused decay.
Pearl’s limited production run of new Wood Fiberglass drums will include three traditionally-sized 3-piece shell packs.
- 14"x24" Bass Drum
- 9"x13" Tom
- 16"x16" Floor Tom
- 7-ply Poplar/Kapur Shells (2x Poplar / 4x Kapur / 1x Fiberglass)
- 7.5mm shell thickness
- Hand-applied inner layer of Fiberglass
- Sharp 45 degree brearing edges on toms
- Rounded brearing edges on bass drums
- Superhoops II hoops
- RL10/20 Session style lugs
- Remo Clear Pinstripe Tom Batter Heads
- Remo Powerstroke Coated Batter
- Remo Powerstroke Clear Front Head
- Molded Rubber Gaskets
- OptiMount Suspension System
- Telescoping Spurs W/rubber Or Spike Tip