The CG Series includes three distinct models tailored to different types of studios. The CG-2000 is designed for the needs of broadcasting and post production, the CG-1800 for small to large-scale video/audio synchronization systems, and the CG-1000 for recording studios, live sound applications and professional musicians.
The crystal oscillator is the heart of the clock generator. In each model of the CG Series, an OCXO (oven-controlled crystal oscillator) is used for its high precision, and the fact it is not influenced by the temperature of the environment. Boasting a clock frequency precision of 0.01 ppm*1, which exceeds that of a TCXO (temperature-compensated crystal oscillator), this unit is key in the creation of high-precision synchronization systems - with word output frequency stability of ±0.005ppm or less per day.
The CG-2000 is equipped with an external input connector that supports a 10MHz signal. This allows it to be connected to a rubidium clock or GPS clock for even higher precision.
- Internal clock uses a high-precision OCXO (oven-controlled crystal oscillator) that is not influenced by the temperature of the environment
- External input connector that supports 10MHz, allowing creation of systems with even higher precision
- Jitter management circuit provides stable clock
- Glitch-free relocking circuit prevents noise and skipping during clock dropouts and recovery
- Numerous output connectors, including (12) word clock outputs, enabling the use in large-scale audio synchronization systems
- AES3 and AES11 signals can also be used for external master clock input sources
- Analyzer function that can measure input frequencies
- Optimal levels can be provided to other devices by adjusting wordclock output levels
- Self-calibration function using an external oscillator (Atomic/GPS 10MHz, GPS PPS)
- *Use of the self-calibration function requires the use of a separate PPS-output 10MHz oscillator with a built-in GPS antenna
- Word clock performance up to 192 kHz
- Up to (4) system settings can be saved to buttons for recall, and saved settings can be imported and exported via USB
- Durable nut-coupling BNC connectors made by Amphenol
- Independent circuit boards for each connector prevents contact failures due to twisting
- Three-prong IEC power cable included