The Tama HP310LW Speed Cobra 310 Double Bass Drum Pedal was developed using the same design principles as the Speed Cobra 910 series, and offers remarkable performance at an affordable price. The extended footboard, which features the same design as the Speed Cobra 910, offers rapid acceleration and power with less physical effort. The Recessed Setting provides the perfect balance between the natural characteristics and motion of a chain drive pedal, and the lighter overall action of the Speed Cobra 310 series.
- A specially designed pedal board for the Speed Cobra series. By designing the footboard longer than Iron Cobra, it rapidly accelerates the power and speed of the beater stroke, with less physical effort than ever before. Additionally, the smoother playing surface reduces friction between your foot and the footboard, allowing more precise control and flexibility.
Recessed Setting (US PAT.NO.8269089)
- To continuously play fast passages, your pedal action has to feel light for less stress and muscle fatigue. The Recessed Setting position makes it possible to achieve a perfect balance between the natural playing feel of the Chain Drive's motion and lighter action. According to physical theorem, wider angle (θ) between the force of stepping on the footboard (F1) and the force of pulling the chain from the sprocket (F2) makes less power of F1 if the same F2 power is required. To utilize this theorem, we set up the footboard placement with the best balance between natural action and lighter motion. Also by changing the bearing's framework structure, this produces less stress on the FASTBALL bearing and makes a huge difference in the total feel. As a result, about 20% less exertion is required to produce the same result in power and feel found in existing current models.
- We adopted the true round shaped "LiteSprocket" for natural feel and smooth action. Compared with Iron Cobra's sprocket, this version decreases its weight by 40%. It revolves naturally and smoothly, providing a lighter feel.
Double Chain Drive
- The Speed Cobra 310 series features the same durable double chain drive as the Speed Cobra910 series. This double chain drive offers smooth and accurate motion in any situation.
Newly Designed Hinge
- This new hinge uses a tough, cylindrical brass sleeve to protect the hinge pin from damage or undo pressure, assuring fluid motion and increased durability.
Beater Angle Adjustment
- You won't find adjustable beater/footboard angles on most pedals in this price range. But our HP310LS comes standard with an angle adjustment system linked to the footboard angle.
Spring Tension Adjustment
- Inspired by Iron Cobra 900 series drum pedals' "Spring Tight" feature, this specially shaped nut prevents the spring unit from loosening.
Spring Tight (US. PAT.NO.5365824)
- Twisting springs severely reduce pedal smoothness. Spring Tight, a clever half-moon shaped spring tension rod, keeps the spring from twisting so there's never any loss of power transmission.