Designed for the project studio that needs plenty of I/O, Focusrite’s 18-in, 20-out Clarett 8Pre combines eight newly-designed Clarett mic preamps with class-leading digital conversion, and extraordinarily low round-trip latency – so low that you can use DAW plugins while monitoring a performance in real time.
The new Clarett mic pre offers superbly low noise and distortion, plus the switchable “Air” effect that models the sound of Focusrite’s renowned ISA transformer-based preamps. Instrument inputs offer extended headroom to suit the loudest guitar pickup, while gain controls employ a special law that makes changes smoother and more precise.
For easy access even when rack mounted, the compact (1U) Clarett 8Pre includes combination mic/line/instrument inputs on the front panel. Also on the front panel are two independently-controlled headphone outputs with enough level to drive even high impedance headphones to provide suitable monitoring levels.
The Clarett 8Pre, like the rest of the Clarett range, includes class-leading precision Focusrite digital audio conversion with up to 118dB (A/D) / 119dB (D/A) dynamic range. This is combined with an astonishingly low round-trip latency – making it possible to monitor recordings in real time via effects plugins on the DAW such as reverberation, for the best possible recording experience.
The metering and monitoring panel provides ten 6-segment LED meters covering analog and digital inputs and monitor levels, with a monitor level control knob plus mute and dim buttons.
Word Clock output is provided, allowing the Clarett 8Pre to provide the master clock for the system.
A new software mixer, Focusrite Control, is easily configured for monitoring and routing setups. Focusrite Control is simple and intuitive to use. It offers a traditional mixer workflow and allows immediate access to internal hardware functions. Every Clarett also includes the Red 2 & Red 3 Plug-in Suite, which accurately models Focusrite’s classic Red range equalizer and compressor hardware.Features:
- Full I/O complement - 18 audio inputs and 20 outputs within a 1U rack space, including eight analog inputs, 10 analog outputs, stereo SPDIF I/O and eight channels of ADAT I/O. The additional ADAT output is ideal for sending audio to an external D/A for line output expansion, while the input can be used, for example, to bring in eight additional digital mic pre channels for maximum flexibility.
- Easy Access - Two mic/line/instrument inputs on the front panel provide easy access even when rack mounted, the remaining connections being accessed via the rear panel.
- Use DAW plugins in real time - Latency is the delay to a signal as it passes through your DAW system from interface input to interface output. Clarett Thunderbolt offers the world’s shortest. Signals go round so fast that you can record and monitor through your DAW with plugins such as EQ or compression.
- Eight New Clarett Mic Pres with extra ‘Air’ - The mic pres have been designed especially for the Clarett range, with plenty of gain, yet low noise and distortion. In addition, they feature a special “Air” feature that switches in an analog model of the classic transformer-based Focusrite ISA mic pre. Instrument inputs feature extra headroom to handle the loudest pickup.
- Precision digital conversion - Clarett features Focusrite’s class-leading conversion quality: with up to 119dB dynamic range, Clarett offers the cleanest way yet to get music in and out of your DAW.
- Accessible metering and monitoring - The monitor panel provides analog and digital input levels, and main monitor outputs, via a 6-segment, multichannel hardware meter. Monitor features include a level control, plus dim and mute buttons.
- Dual high-power headphone outputs - Two wide dynamic range headphone outputs are provided, powerful enough to deliver plenty of level even on high impedance headphones – perfect for tracking and mixing.
- Software Mixer for maximum control - Focusrite Control is a brand new software mixer designed for easy configuration of monitoring and routing setups. Simple and intuitive to use, Focusrite Control also allows immediate access to internal hardware functions.
- Classic processor plugins included - Every Clarett includes the Red 2 & Red 3 Plug-in Suite, which accurately models Focusrite’s classic Red range equalizer and compressor hardware.
- Digital sync on-board - Includes Word Clock In, enabling it to sync to word clock from any external digital device.
- Focusrite iOS Control now available - download the free Focusrite iOS Control app and adjust cue mixes remotely from an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch
- Monthly Focusrite Plug-In Collective offers with free or discounted plug-ins to registered Focusrite interface owners