Grover brings the same level of quality found in their tambourines and triangles to another important member of the standard orchestral accessory family: the castanet! Made in the USA, these instruments have been designed according to the schematics of master castanet makers in Spain. Each pair is made from a single block of hard, resonant Grenadillo wood, ensuring that each castanet is as similar in possible in color, audibly and visibly. The handles are made from lightweight aluminum that has a molded outer covering, giving the player a good grip and an effortless stroke.
What truly separates these castanets from others is the tuning system: completely internal so to not get in the way, the very bottom of the handle can be turned to tighten or loosen the elastic bands holding the castanets. Additionally, both castanets are adjusted (not just one) giving the player an easier time adjusting to any dynamic level.
- Invisible tension adjustment system
- Unobtrusive micro-adjust knob, out of the way of grip area
- Durable spring-steel tensioning mechanism (not elastic)
- Solid Granadillo clappers - made from 1 piece of wood
- Comfortable "timpani stick" style handle
- Free protective covers and case