The Omni Bass breaks through conventional barriers by integrating phenomenal acoustic and electric bass tones with the familiar 34 inch bass guitar scale. Four and five string fretless and fretted models use identical fingering to that of the conventional bass guitar, yet deliver dynamic new plucked and bowed sounds for the serious bass guitarist who wants to expand his expressive range. Tuned to E or down to low B, this radical new electric bass combines the tonal purity of the acoustic upright with the awesome power of the full-blown electric, resulting in the most versatile bass on the market today.
From punchy, percussive attack to smooth, singing sustain, the Omni Bass's exclusive Polar™ piezo pickup is the only system that allows the bassist to control the attack and decay of the plucked string. EMG magnetic pickups add classic electric sounds. The on-board pre-amp, EQ, and mixer allow the player full control of this wide tonal palette right from the instrument.
The Omni Bass responds to the bow with a natural and expressive voice, combining powerful bass resonance with brilliant harmonics. The strings are easily driven on both fretted and fretless models, making it possible for bassists with little bowing experience to add this beautiful dimension to their music.
Deep, resonant bass response is the essence of this remarkable new instrument. Whether plucked or bowed, the Omni Bass delivers pure, exciting acoustic and electric bass sounds that can be tailored to compliment virtually any musical style or gig.
- Scale Length: 34"
- Strings: 5 (E- C)
- Construction: Solid rock maple neck and body, flame maple face.
- Finish: Traditional amber stain with clear semi-gloss polymer coating.
- Fingerboard: Ebony, 27.5" long, radius 2".
- Bridge: Phenolic, overall string spacing: 2.75 ", radius 2.2"
- Nut: Ebony, overall string spacing: 1.31" , radius 2 inches
- Bridge Pickup: The Polar™ directional piezo pick-up system responds selectively to either vertical vibration (for the sustained plucked sound, like an electric bass guitar), or lateral vibration (for dynamic bowing, and a percussive plucked sound).
- Magnetic Pickup: Low impedance EMG™ magnetic pick-up system, with individually adjustable coils, and low-noise, hum-canceling pre-amp.
- Electronics: 18 volt active circuit by HAZ Laboratories. Mono output.
- Truss Rod: Double rod design. Accessible at nut.
- Tuning Machines: Schaller 20:1 ratio, fully encased worm gear tuners; black finish.
- Strings: CR Series Omni Bass strings by D'Addario. The CR Series Omni Bass also accommodates most long scale bass guitar strings.
- Boomerang Strap System (standard): Two support arms and a pivoting friction hub that holds the instrument firmly in place, yet allows the instrument to be moved into virtually any position in relation to the hands and body as it is played.
- Tripod Stand (optional): Black steel, fully adjustable, standing tripod design. Weight 3.2 kg (7 lbs.)
- End Pin Stand (optional): Offers full freedom of movement. Height, tilt and "right bout" angle are fully adjustable providing a more conventional feel. Weight 2.3 kg (5 lbs).
- Frame Strap System: A light frame structure is supported by a single guitar style strap extending over the left shoulder. This holds the bass in the correct positions for both pizz and arco styles and offers full mobility and amazing comfort.
- Gig Bag (standard): Padded gig bag with integrated bow pocket, handle and backpack style strap. External pockets for stands and accessories.
- Flight Case (optional): Aluminum edged plywood measuring 145cm x 25cm x 25cm (57" x 10" x 10") with loaded weight of approximately 18 kg (40 lb) including tripod stand.