Like many that came before it, the Behringer S16 digital snake system provides live sound professionals like you with the convenience of remote-controlled onstage microphone preamps, and it replaces your bulky analog snake with a lightweight and inexpensive Cat 5 Ethernet cable. But it provides you with other great options as well, such as total integration with Behringer's awesome Powerplay personal monitoring system.
AES50 networking capability provides compatibility with many digital mixers
When Behringer first developed their S16 digital snake, they intended it to go hand-in-hand with their powerful X32 digital mixing system. But limiting such a convenient and affordable digital snake to the X32 alone would have been a shame, which is why Behringer designed it around the strict guidelines established by Klark Teknik. The result is an affordable digital snake that's completely compatible with any digital console that sports an AES50 digital Ethernet connection. So, whether you're running a SoundCraft, Allen & Heath, Midas, or even a Behringer digital mixing board, if it's got an AES50 Ethernet port on it, if you've got an S16 digital snake, you're never more than a single connection away from your stage box.
Remote-controllable preamps make setup fast, easy, and painless
Even if you try to get a jog in every day, no one likes having to run up to the stage every time you have to make an adjustment to your stage box. Thanks to the S16's remote-controllable preamp design, those back-and-forth cross-venue dashes are a thing of the past. Using the Klark Teknik SuperMAC protocol, your S16 will show up in your digital mixer's OS, giving you the control you need over your pres, right from the front of house position. And by the way, these preamps are the exact same high-quality Midas preamps found in the X32 console, so you know you're getting quality sound with low noise and tons of headroom.
Total integration with Behringer's P-16 personal monitoring system
Streamlined, affordable, and super-easy-to-use, everyone's raving about Behringer's Powerplay P16 personal monitoring systems. When you add an S16 digital snake system to your PA rig, you're not just getting a great set of remote-controllable preamps and ditching tons of bulky cable, you're ready to add an advanced personal monitoring system directly inline with the rig you already have. That's because your S16 digital snake comes equipped with Ultranet connectivity, which provides your Powerplay P16-M monitor controllers with a digital split straight from the stage box.
- Simple, flexible, and affordable digital snake system that works with any AES50 network-ready digital console
- 16 x fully programmable and remote-controllable Midas mic preamps give you exceptional sound, right from the stage
- 8 x analog, servo-balanced XLR outputs let you send complete monitor mixes to the stage
- AES50 network ports featuring Klark Teknik SuperMac technology, providing you with ultra-low latency digital audio that's in-ear compatible
- Up to 328' of networking capability via a single lightweight CAT-5e cable (not included)
- Dual AES50 ports let you cascade multiple S16 units, without a merger or a router
- Precise LED metering plus 7-segment displays let you keep a close eye on your levels
- Headphones output assignable to any of the inputs/outputs for on-stage monitoring
- Ultranet connectivity for Behringer's Powerplay P16 Personal Monitoring System is perfect for In-Ear applications
- Dual ADAT outputs for use in splitter mode and stand-alone digital multicore applications
- MIDI In/Out for bi-directional communication between FOH console and on-stage MIDI devices
- USB connector for system updates via PC
- Planet Earth switching power supply for maximum flexibility, noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving
- Durable yet compact, all-steel 2U rack-mount chassis provides flexible mounting