The quickest, easiest, most enjoyable method for learning to play the mandolin.
Alfred’s Basic Mandolin Method has been updated, revised, and improved. It features clear, well-paced instruction for beginning mandolin students. Learning to play has never been easier or more fun than with Alfred’s Basic Mandolin Method---the best choice for today’s beginning mandolin students.
- How to hold your mandolin
- Tuning your mandolin
- Right- and left-hand techniques
- Basics of reading music
- Chords and strum patterns
- Playing tremolo and drones
- How to read TAB
- Photos and diagrams
- Songs include “Aura Lee,” “Tom Dooley,” “The Irish Washerwoman,” “Over the Rainbow,” and many others
- Great-sounding performances on the CD
- Available DVD features TNT 2 software
Recognized for over 50 years as the best-paced and most comprehensive guitar method available, Alfred’s Basic Guitar Method has introduced over 5 million beginners to the joy of playing guitar.