Designed and manufactured in Germany, the MK 8 features a sturdy metal housing and an elastically mounted capsule to reduce structure-borne noise. The microphone’s dual one-inch diaphragm offers five selectable polar patterns (omni-directional, wide cardioid, cardioid, super-cardioid, figure-eight) for versatility in the studio.
A three-position filter (off, 60 Hz, 100 Hz) allows users to cut low-frequency rumble below 60 Hz, or to introduce a softer roll-off at 100 Hz to compensate for proximity effect. The MK 8 is also fitted with a three-position switchable pad (off, -10 dB, -20 dB) to protect against louder sound sources.
The MK 8 ships with a microphone clip and protective pouch. An optional elastic suspension, the MKS 4, is available separately.
- Transducer principle externally polarised condenser microphone
- Diaphragm diameter 1” (25.4 mm)
- Pick-up patterns omni-directional, wide cardioid, cardioid,
- super-cardioid, figure-of-eight
- Frequency response 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity 17.4 mV/Pa (–35 dBV)
- Maximum sound pressure level 140 dB (pad: 0 dB)
- Equivalent noise level 10 dBA, 16 dB CCIR
- Dynamic range 130 dB
- Nominal impedance 50 ohms
- Min. terminating impedance 1 kohm
- Power supply 48 V phantom power (P48)
- Low-cut/roll-off filter, switchable roll-off: -6 dB/oct. from 100 Hz
- low-cut: -18 dB/oct. from 60 Hz
- Switchable pad 0 db, -10 dB, -20 dB
- Current consumption 4.1 mA
- Diameter approx. 57 mm
- Length approx. 160 mm
- Weight approx. 485 g
- Operating temperature 0° to +40°C
- Storage temperature -10° to +60°C