The electric guitar pickup has been wound since 1934. 80 yearslater,we’ve unwound it. Original and totally re-imagined, FishmanFluencepickups are free from the hum, noise and frustrating inductanceissuesthat plague even the most coveted wire-wound pickups—revealingpure,uncorrupted and musical tone.
Historically, pickup “recipes”havebeen fraught with compromises, a balancing act of designconcessions inan effort to combine our favorite elements without givingup too much.However, even after almost a century of refinement, most ofus can stillthink of something we’d like to tweak on our currentfavorites.
EachFishman Fluence pickup has two distinct and usefulsounds on-board.These sounds start with the revolutionary Fluence Core,the heart ofFluence tone. From this Fluence Core we then create theclassic timbresand tone—colors you expect from great guitar pickups—aswell as someyou’ve never expected.
- Voice 1: Vintage Single-Coil, Vintage tone, clear and present, seamlessly fused with a sweet warmth.
- Voice 1 Peak Frequency: 4kHz
- Voice 2: Hot Texas Single-Coil, Muscular, beefy, “overwound” tone without losing the highs or the “strattiness” we all love.
- Voice 2 Peak Frequency: 3kHz
- Magnetic Material: Alnico IV
- Magnetic Circuit: Rod magnets
- Typical Gauss strength at String: 260 Gauss
- Pole Spacing: 52.2mm
- Output Impedance: 2k
- Current Draw: 2.4mA
- Battery: 9-volt / FBP100
- Battery Life: 200 hours