The electric guitar pickup has been wound since 1934. 80 years later,we’ve unwound it. Original and totally re-imagined, Fishman Fluencepickups are free from the hum, noise and frustrating inductance issuesthat plague even the most coveted wire-wound pickups—revealing pure,uncorrupted and musical tone.
Historically, pickup “recipes” havebeen fraught with compromises, a balancing act of design concessions inan effort to combine our favorite elements without giving up too much.However, even after almost a century of refinement, most of us can stillthink of something we’d like to tweak on our current favorites.
EachFishman Fluence pickup has two distinct and useful sounds on-board.These sounds start with the revolutionary Fluence Core, the heart ofFluence tone. From this Fluence Core we then create the classic timbresand tone—colors you expect from great guitar pickups—as well as someyou’ve never expected.
- Voice 1: Vintage Single-Coil, Vintage tone, clear and present, seamlessly fused with a sweet warmth.
- Voice 1 Peak Frequency: 4kHz
- Voice 2: Hot Texas Single-Coil, Muscular, beefy, “overwound” tone without losing the highs or the “strattiness” we all love.
- Voice 2 Peak Frequency: 3kHz
- Magnetic Material: Alnico IV
- Magnetic Circuit: Rod magnets
- Typical Gauss strength at String: 260 Gauss
- Pole Spacing: 52.2mm
- Output Impedance: 2k
- Current Draw: 2.4mA
- Battery: 9-volt / FBP100
- Battery Life: 200 hours