The electric guitar pickup has been wound since 1934. 80 years later, we’ve unwound it. Original and totally re-imagined, Fishman Fluence pickups are free from the hum, noise and frustrating inductance issues that plague even the most coveted wire-wound pickups—revealing pure, uncorrupted and musical tone.
Historically, pickup “recipes” have been fraught with compromises, a balancing act of design concessions in an effort to combine our favorite elements without giving up too much. However, even after almost a century of refinement, most of us can still think of something we’d like to tweak on our current favorites.
Each Fishman Fluence pickup has two distinct and useful sounds on-board. These sounds start with the revolutionary Fluence Core, the heart of Fluence tone. From this Fluence Core we then create the classic timbres and tone—colors you expect from great guitar pickups—as well as some you’ve never expected.
- Voice 1: Vintage Single-Coil, Vintage tone, clear and present, seamlessly fused with a sweet warmth.
- Voice 1 Peak Frequency: 4kHz
- Voice 2: Hot Texas Single-Coil, Muscular, beefy, “overwound” tone without losing the highs or the “strattiness” we all love.
- Voice 2 Peak Frequency: 3kHz
- Magnetic Material: Alnico IV
- Magnetic Circuit: Rod magnets
- Typical Gauss strength at String: 260 Gauss
- Pole Spacing: 52.2mm
- Output Impedance: 2k
- Current Draw: 2.4mA
- Battery: 9-volt / FBP100
- Battery Life: 200 hours