Punk bass starts wth Douglass "Dee Dee Ramone" Colvin. As the pounding heart of the Ramones, he pioneered a no-frills sound and style that left a permanent mark on rock music. On a white Fender Precision Bass slung impossibly low, he defined punk bass with simple but breakneck bass lines delivered with such pulverizing sound, speed and conviction that he singlehandedly set the template for generations of punk bassists to come. The Dee Dee Ramone Precision Bass honors him with every reverence and authenticity, just like any bassist since who's ever planted his feet in a wide stance, slung a Precision below the beltline and yelled a maniac "1-2-3-4" count-off
Features include an Olympic White gloss finish maple neck with "C"-shaped profile and vintage-style heel truss-rod adjustment, 9.5"-radius maple fingerboard with 20 vintage-style frets, split single-coil pickup, three-ply black pickguard and vintage-style bridge with four single-groove saddles.
- Series: Artist
- Body Wood: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck: Maple, "C" Shape
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Frets: 20, Vintage-Style
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone, 1.625"
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Scale Length: 34"
- Hardware: Chrome
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Stndard Vintage-Style with Single Groove Saddles
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Tuning Machines: Standard Open-Gear
- Strings: Fender USA, NPS, (Gauges .045-.100)
- Pickups: Standard Split Single-Coil Precision Bass
- Controls: Volume, Ton
- Case: Gig Bag
- Other Features: Dee Dee Ramon Signature on Back of Headstock, Special "Dee Dee Ramone One Two Three Four" Neck Plate, Vintage-Style Heel Truss-Rod Adjustment, '70s Fender Logo Decal, Single Disk String Tree, Exclusive Booklet with Poster Included