What's better than a Hammond B-3 you can tuck under your arm? Two of them - two keyboards, that is. The Hammond SK2 packs dual 61-note keyboards - so you can play it as a two-manual organ, or assign the Drawbar/Extra Voice divisions to your choice of keyboard. With onboard digital Leslie rotary speaker emulation, acoustic and electric pianos, clavs, wind instruments, and even accordion, the SK2 is effectively a B-3 in a box (albeit, a small one). Weighing in at under 36 pounds, this featherweight is a heavyweight when it comes to genuine Hammond sound.
Speaking of genuine Hammond sounds, most purists insist on the real thing. The SK2 walks like a Hammond - and talks like a Hammond. It's just several hundred pounds lighter and fits in your Mini. The Drawbar section is a complete Hammond Organ with all the functions: real Mechanical Drawbars, Chorus Vibrato, Touch-Response Percussion, and of course that delicious Digital Leslie. Hammond's VASE III digital tone-wheel sound generators deliver voicings so convincing, you'll be looking around for a hidden Leslie cabinet.
Vx and Farf combo organ models are also onboard, as well as an assortment of fine classical Pipe Organ voices derived from Hammond's 935 Church Organ. Acoustic and Electric Pianos, Clavs, Accordions, Vintage String Synth, Wind Instruments, and Tuned Percussion round out the soundset.
If you've always lusted after those swirluptuous vintage organ tones, but don't have a road crew and a tractor-trailer, now's your chance. Hook up with the Hammond SK2 and give your music some lovin'.
- Sound generator - organ section: 2 x VASE III digital tone-wheels, transistor organ and pipe organ; extra voice section: VASE III
- Polyphony: manual (except pipe organ): 61 notes; pedal (except pipe organ): 8 notes; maximum (on pipe organ): 63 notes; Extra Voice section: 63 notes
- Keyboards: 2 x C1 to C6, 61-key
- Drawbars: 9 pitches, assignable for upper, pedal, lower
- Effects: Vibrato and Chorus, Overdrive, Multi Effects (8 Programs), Reverb (Digital, 11 Programs)
- Equalizer: Organ: bass, mid (sweep), treble, tone; Extra Voice: bass, mid (sweep), treble
- Master eq: bass, mid gain, mid frequency, treble
- Controllers: Volumes: Master Volume, Music Volume, Extra Voice Volume; Switch: Power on/off
- Music player: File Format: WAV (44.1Khz, 16bit, stereo), MP3 (44.1Khz, 128kbps, stereo); Control: Song, play/pause
- MIDI: 9 templates; External Zones: 3 Zones, assignable to any keyboard
- Storage: USB flash drive