An in-line mixer is a mixer within a mixer. That’s the reason you will notice this board is labeled Channels 1-24 AND Channels 25 – 48. It’s really two 24-channel mixers in one.
This “embedded mixer,” called Mix B, is typically used in recording applications, but it has some useful live-sound features as well. In the studio, Mix B allows you to return all your multi-track tape channels back into channels on the board without losing any of your 24 main-input channels. This provides seamless playback and mixdown capabilites with just a few button pushes and no additional patching. In other words, no visible plumber-cracks or untimely delays. Live, Mix B can be used to send a totally separate 2-track mix to a recording device, separate speaker zone or out to a broadcast feed, plus it functions as an additional monitor or effects bus.
One reason you’ll really appreciate having the in-line mixer is simple: LIVE RECORDING. If you’ve ever tried to make a recording off of the board during a live show, you know how well that works (NOT!). Often input and output levels necessary for quality recording do not match the requirements of the live mix, where stage volumes factor in to the overall room sound. Getting around that issue used to require a splitter and second mixer just for recording. Now that is eliminated by having an in-line mixer in your live board.
- Ultra-low noise, high-headroom analog mixer for studio, live, front-of-house, monitor, corporate and touring audio applications
- True in-line concept with 24 independent Mix-B input channels, all with individual 2-band EQ, Level, Pan and Mute
- 24 state-of-the-art XENYX Mic Preamps with switchable +48 V phantom power
- Neo-classic "British" 4-band EQs with 2 semi-parametric mid bands for warm and musical sound
- 8 subgroups with independent Solo and routing functions simultaneously feed 16 multi-track outputs
- Clip and -20 dB LEDs plus EQ In, Low Cut, Mute, Solo/PFL, Subgroup and Main routing switches on all channels
- 6 Aux sends per channel: all switchable pre/post fader
- Main Aux sends with Level controls and Solo functions
- 6 multi-functional stereo Aux returns featuring Level and Balance controls, Solo and extensive routing functions
- Solo-In-Place with PFL function plus 2 independent phones sections plus full-featured monitor and talkback section with built-in microphone
- Comprehensive Channel, Group and Main insert points
- Built-in meterbridge with meters for each channel, Subgroup and Main, monitoring either the channel or Tape return signal
- Long-wearing 100-mm logarithmic-taper faders and sealed rotary controls
- Expander port with universal jack connectors for optimal linking to other consoles
- 2 BNC connectors for 12 V gooseneck lights
- Internal autorange power supply for maximum flexibility (100 - 240 V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany