The Red 1 500 Series Mic Pre features the same circuitry and components (where available) as the original dual-transformer Red 1993 mic pre, based in turn on Rupert Neve’s 1985 mic pre designs for AIR Studios. Proudly made in England, the Red 1 500 offers the same performance as the original, highly-regarded Focusrite Red microphone preamplifier, bringing the internationally- acclaimed Focusrite Heritage Sound to the popular 500 Series, or “Lunchbox” portable modular system. It’s ideal for mobile/location use as well as in the studio.
- Original Red circuit topology and components - Red 1 500 recreates the original Red 1 mic pre, made in England with the original circuitry and components (where commercially available) for that legendary signature sound
- 500 Series "Lunchbox" format - For the first time, a Focusrite product is available in this popular portable rack format
- Lundahl LL1538 Input Transformer - The original mic transformer used in the original Red modules helps to provide the unique sound and performance of this groundbreaking design.
- Carnhill custom output transformer - An important contributor to the sound, the output transformer also allows Red 1 500 to drive long lines, ideal for remote and mobile applications for which the Lunchbox format was originally intended.
- Grayhill gold-plated mil-grade gain switch - The switched gain structure of the Red 1 500 means accurate setting and recall, and with a solid, super-reliable, gold-plated selector switch you know you'll get repeatable results.
- Suitable for virtually any microphone - With gain from -6 to +60dB in 6dB steps and a carefully chosen input impedance, Red 1 500 is perfect for almost any microphone, be it ribbon, dynamic or condenser.
- Backlit VU meter with switchable calibration - The built-in VU meter helps gain accurate, repeatable results, with calibration to ensure your levels are always spot on.
- Polarity invert and +48V phantom power - Maximum microphone flexibility in the studio or on location.