The MXW8 Gooseneck Base Transmitter from Shure is a bi-directional base transmitter for optional gooseneck microphones and is compatible with Shure's Microflex wireless system. The unit has an earphone output that allows you to monitor return audio, useful for translations or programming material. It is capable of AES 256-bit encryption audio transmission to assure a secure signal. It is powered by a built-in rechargeable battery that can provide up to 8 hours of operation.
- Wide frequency response: Full range audio for clear voice transmission
- Concealed power switch: Prevents accidental powering off
- Bi-directional wireless: Enables return channel audio and real time remote control of all wireless microphone settings including light ring indication
- Earphone output: Listen to audio from a return channel for translation, cueing, or program material
- Programmable mute button: Customize local or remote muting behavior per application, with options including push-to talk, push-to-mute, and external control
- Encrypted wireless: AES 256-bit encryption for secure wireless transmission
- Wide working range: Reliable wireless coverage extends up to 160 feet (50 meters)
- Out of range alert: Emits beeping sound when range limit is exceeded
- Wireless linking: Assign the microphone to an Access Point channel by simply docking it in a Networked Charging Station and pressing "link"
- Li-ion batteries: Smart lithium-ion internal batteries provide up to 9 hours of continuous use, charge to full in 2 hours, and enable remote monitoring over the network of remaining runtime and charge status in hours and minutes
- Standby mode: Enabled remotely during periods of inactivity to significantly extend battery life when not in use
- Low-battery LED: Visually alerts when there is 30 minutes of charge remaining
- USB charging: Connects to any standard USB power source for "always on" usage