With the CABSW4X switching system, an amplifier can be switched between four different loudspeakers. It is mainly used for guitar applications. Consequently, a rapid, direct comparison between different speakers is possible without the inconvenience of connecting and disconnecting speaker cables. The system is used primarily by music stores for demonstrating the sound characteristics of different speaker types to customers.
The system consists of two units, the footswitch which also incorporates the control circuitry, and the selector containing the power relays for switching the amplifier output to the speaker cabinets. Both devices are connected by a 5-pin XLR control cable, which also powers the cabinet selector. For trouble-free switching, the guitar signal must be supplied to the footswitch by means of a loop before proceeding to the amplifier. Switching is precisely controlled by a microprocessor. While the relays operate the switch, the guitar signal is muted for a few milliseconds, thus removing the load and preventing voltage surges that might damage the amplifier.
The PCABSW4X is powered by a 15 V AC adapter, which is included along with a 4.5 m control cable.
- Product type: switch
- Type: cabinet switcher
- Switching function: output switcher
- Inputs: 1
- Input connectors: 6.3 mm Jack
- Input impedance: 1M Ohm(s)
- Outputs: 4
- Output connectors: 6.3 mm Jack
- Output impedance: 1M Ohm(s)
- Transformer isolated outputs: no
- Display: Power, channel number
- Controls: 4 x footswitch
- Operating voltage: 15 V DC power supply
- Power consumption: 62 m A
- Cabinet material: sheet steel
- Cabinet / Housing surface: powder coated
- Width: footswitch: 205 mm / selector unit: 135 mm
- Depth: footswitch: 135 mm / selector unit: 95 mm
- Height: footswitch: 50 mm / selector unit: 35 mm
- Weight: 1,9 kg
- Features: XLR 5-pin Control Cable 5 m