Distortion in its purest, most natural form.
The Palmer DREI design is more than just a visual extravaganza - it mirrors the concept and the circuitry. For the purest, most natural distortion only a single-ended design will do.
Single-ended tube circuits are straightforward and simple, providing the most organic, raw tube sounds possible. In contrast to the more powerful push-pull designs the output of single-ended circuits usually does not exceed 5 Watts. That is why single-ended circuits are mostly found in small practice amps preferred by many top-notch players for recording.
Main benefits of single-ended amps:
- highly interactive and touch sensitive
- purist design with a minimum of components
Dating back to the first days of vacuum tubes single-ended amplifiers are nothing new. However, the Palmer DREI incorporates THREE of these providing three times the output power of a standard single-ended design! Moreover, it accepts a variety of output tubes which all have their own unmistakable sound characteristics.
The EL84 is bright and “British” sounding with tons of distortion (think Vox amps), the 6V6 provides somewhat darker tones with a smoother “American” distortion flavor (think Fender), and while it is tight and bright at lower volumes the 6L6 becomes progressively darker when driven hard. With the Palmer DREI you can mix and match power tubes from three distinct amplifier tones and thus create your own voice.
The Palmer DREI works with the following power tubes:
Three different single-ended amps in a single unit - that's the Palmer DREI formula!
- Product type: guitar amplifiers
- Type: head
- Technology: tube
- Class: A
- Power: 15 W
- Inputs: 1
- Input connectors: 6.3 mm Jack
- Input impedance: 1 M Ohm(s)
- Outputs: 1
- Output connectors: 6.3 mm Jack
- Output impedance: 8, 4, 16 Ohm(s)
- Channels: 1
- Display: Power
- Controls: preamp saturation treble, tone, preamp saturation, standby, Power, mains voltage selector, master power amp ZWEI, master power amp EINS, master power amp DREI
- FX loop: no
- Preamp tubes: ECC83
- Power amp tubes: EL84, 6V6, 6L6
- Rectifier: GZ34
- Operating voltage: integrated (115 / 230 V)
- Power consumption: 100 W
- Cabinet material: sheet steel
- Width: 390 mm
- Depth: 250 mm
- Height: 230 mm
- Weight: 14,97 kg
- Features: Compatible with EL84, 6L6, 6V6, KT90, KT77, EL34 power tubes