With its flexible potential applications, the PDI-05 is equally at home in the studio and home recording as well as onstage, e.g., in the racks of Rush or Def Leppard. Originally developed for the preamp/multieffect/power amp combination popular in the late eighties and nineties, this authentic reissue is also suitable for heads and combo amps. What's more - the precise frequency correction of the stereo speaker simulator turns overdrive and distortion pedals or multieffect units into a genuine preamp with an authentic sound. The PDI 05 lends digital keyboards and drum machines fullness and analogue warmth without complex and time-consuming post-processing at the mixing desk. A built-in headphone amplifier permits "environmentally-friendly" practicing; its high output power even permits direct connection of ordinary hi-fi speakers.
The stereo speaker simulator is active; the power supply is permanently installed. It can also be operated in mono mode and with power amps (in this case, the power amp must always be connected to speakers or a corresponding load, for example the Palmer PDI 06 loadbox).
The PDI-05 makes conventional micing unnecessary and provides for a perfectly isolated signal without interference from other instruments and without feedback. With the reissue, pros and aficionados finally once again have a device at their disposal that has proven itself in more than 20 years of use, onstage and in the studio, around the world.
- Product type: speaker simulator
- Type: active
- Channels: 2
- Input type: unbalanced
- Inputs: 2
- Input connectors: 6.3 mm Jack
- Output type: unbalanced, balanced
- Outputs: 2
- Output connectors: XLR, 6.3 mm Jack
- Output impedance: 600 (XLR), 10 k (6.3 mm Jack) Ohm(s)
- Controls: voicing, Power, phones level, mains voltage selector, ground lift, filter volume
- Display: Power
- Dummy load: no
- Max. load: 200 W
- Voicing filter:yes
- Power attenuator: no
- Transformer isolated outputs: yes
- Cabinet material: sheet steel/aluminium
- Cabinet/Housing surface: powder coated/anodized
- Width: 480 mm
- Width: 19"
- Depth: 180 mm
- Height: 44,5 mm
- Height:1 U
- Operating voltage: 230 / 115 V AC
- Weight: 2,9 kg