The LM-700 is a tribute to classic design techniques. From the hand-carved, hand graduated AAA spruce top and AAA Flamed Maple back and sides to the abalone/mother-of-pearl headstock inlay, these mandolins were built to represent Golden Age craftsmanship updated for the modern era.
Carved and assembled in the Loar Hand Carved Design Workshop, then hand-rubbed with nitrocellulose lacquer for clean warm tone and powerful projection, these mandolins deliver professional-level sound and playability.
The LM-700 is assembled with a one-piece maple neck and bound ebony fretboard, ebony bridge and vintage-style Gotoh tuners. The bone nut and ebony bridge allow for the singing sustain and sharp “chop” that professional players look for in a high-quality mandolin.
- Top: Solid Hand-Carved, Hand-Graduated AAA Spruce
- Back & Sides Solid Hand-Carved, Hand-Graduated AAA Flamed Maple Back, Solid Flamed Maple sides
- Neck: One-Piece Maple with Rounded V-Profile
- Fretboard: Bound Ebony
- Headstock Inlay: Abalone/M.O.P. Custom Fern
- Finish Type: Hand-buffed Nitrocellulose
- Finish Options: Vintage Sunburst
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh
- Scale Length: 13-29/32"
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Frets: 29
- Binding: Ivory and Black/White Purfling
- Bridge: Compensated Adjustable Ebony
- Upper Bout: 6-3/4"
- Lower Bout: 10"
- Nut, Width: Bone, 1-1/8"
- Depth: 2-1/2"
- Body Length: 12-3/4"
- Total Length: 27-1/4"
- Pickup: None