Hand-carved and graduated from solid select tonewoods and featuring a lightweight nitrocellulose finish for incredible projection, The Loar’s LM-600 Professional F-Style mandolin is an accurate replica of an original 1920’s F5-style model.
The hand-buffed tobacco sunburst finish with nitrocellulose lacquer provides a vintage sheen and an authentic pre-war-style bark that will impress even the most avid vintage purist.
The LM-600 features a solid hand-carved spruce top, solid hand-carved figured maple back and sides, a one-piece maple neck with rounded ‘V’ profile, bound ebony fretboard and an abalone and mother-of-pearl custom flower pot headstock inlay.
The LM-600 includes a featherweight case with an embroidered logo.
Available in vintage sunburst (LM-600-VS) and black (LM-600-BK) finishes.
- Top: Solid Hand-Carved, Hand-Graduated Spruce
- Back & Sides Solid Hand-Carved, Hand-Graduated Figured Maple Back, Solid Flamed Maple sides
- Neck: One-Piece Maple with Rounded V-Profile
- Fretboard: Bound Ebony
- Headstock Inlay: Abalone/M.O.P.Loar Flowerpot
- Finish Type: Hand-buffed Nitrocellulose
- Finish Options: Vintage Sunburst, and black
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh, Nickel-Plated Brass
- Scale Length: 13-29/32"
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Frets: 29
- Binding: Ivory
- Bridge: Compensated Adjustable Ebony
- Upper Bout: 6-3/4"
- Lower Bout: 10"
- Nut, Width: Bone, 1-1/8"
- Depth: 2-1/2"
- Body Length: 12-3/4"
- Total Length: 27-1/4"
- Pickup: None