The hand-carved LM-520 F-model mandolin is our response to players’ requests for a great-sounding, high-value mandolin with low key appointments.
The LM-520 is carefully assembled in the same hand-carved workshop that gave birth to the LM-400 and 700, and has a similar hand-carved, fully graduated spruce top. The solid maple back is also hand-carved, and the solid maple sides complete the all-solid package.
The maple neck has a comfortable rounded “V” profile finished with a rosewood fretboard. The compensated adjustable ebony bridge and high quality vintage-style Grover tuning machines insure that these mandolins have great intonation and stay in tune no matter how hard they are played.
Perfect for players who want a high-quality, great-sounding hand-carved mandolin but don’t need all of the bells and whistles, these minimally appointed instruments deliver the high-end tone, chop and projection mandolin players have come to expect from The Loar.
- Top: Solid Hand-Carved, Fully Graduated Spruce Top
- Back & Sides Solid Hand-Carved, Fully Graduated Maple Back,
- Solid Maple Sides
- Neck: Maple w/Rounded "V" Profile
- Fretboard: Bound Rosewood
- Headstock Inlay: M.O.P. Logo
- Finish Type: Gloss
- Finish Options: Vintage Sunburst
- Tuning Machines: Grover with Pearloid Buttons
- Scale Length: 13-3/4"
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Frets: 29
- Binding: Ivoroid
- Bridge: Compensated Adjustable Ebony
- Upper Bout: 6-3/4"
- Lower Bout: 10"
- Nut, Width: Bone, 1-1/8"
- Depth: 2-1/2"
- Body Length: 12-3/4"
- Total Length: 27-1/4"
- Pickup: None