The Loar LM-500-VS is hand-assembled in The Loar design studios with a hand-carved solid spruce top, hand-carved figured maple back and sides and a number of appointments for modern players.
The LM-500's fretboard extension has also been scooped, allowing players to position the pick closer to the neck joint, so they can find the mandolin's “sweet spot” without fear of the pick hitting against the higher frets.
The LM-500's aesthetics have been modernized as well, including an all-new “Fleur-de-Lys” style headstock inlay for a more contemporary look. A one-piece figured maple neck, bound ebony fretboard, Grover tuning machines and an ebony bridge round out the list of impressive features on this beautiful mandolin.
- Top: Solid Spruce
- Back & Sides Solid, Highly-Flamed Maple
- Neck: Hard Rock Figured Maple
- Fretboard: Ebony, Scooped
- Headstock Inlay: Fleur-de-Lys
- Finish Type: Gloss
- Finish Options: Vintage Sunburst
- Tuning Machines: Grover with Pearloid Buttons
- Scale Length: 13-3/4"
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Frets: 29
- Binding: Ivoroid
- Bridge: Compensated Adjustable Ebony
- Upper Bout: 6-3/4"
- Lower Bout: 10"
- Nut, Width: Bone, 1-1/8"
- Depth: 2-1/2"
- Body Length: 12-3/4"
- Total Length: 27-1/4"
- Pickup: None