The LM-400 hand carved, nitrocellulose-finished A-model mandolin is a tribute to classic design techniques. From the hand-carved, hand graduated solid spruce top and solid figured maple back and sides to the abalone/mother-of-pearl fern headstock inlay, these mandolins update Golden Age craftsmanship for the modern era.
Carved and assembled in the Loar Hand Carved Design Workshop, then hand-rubbed with nitrocellulose lacquer for clean warm tone and powerful projection, the LM-400 gives players the professional “chop” to cut through the mix.
The LM-400 is assembled with a one-piece, rounded v-profile flamed maple neck and bound rosewood fretboard, compensated ebony bridge and vintage-style tuners. The bone nut and ebony bridge allow for the singing sustain that professional players look for in a high-quality hand-assembled mandolin. The nitrocellulose lacquer is thinly sprayed on the vintage sunburst finish and then hand-buffed for a finish that is beautiful and lets the voice of the instrument speak clearly.
- Top: Solid Hand-Carved, Hand-Graduated Spruce
- Back & Sides Solid Hand-Carved, Hand-Graduated Figured Maple Back, Solid Figured Maple Sides
- Neck: Maple with Rounded V-Profile
- Fretboard: Bound Rosewood with Ivory Binding
- Headstock Inlay: Loar Fern Abalone/M.O.P.
- Finish Type: Hand-Rubbed Nitrocellulose
- Finish Options: Vintage Sunburst
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Nickel-Plated
- Scale Length: 13-29/32"
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Frets: 29
- Binding: Ivory
- Bridge: Compensated Ebony
- Upper Bout: 6-3/4"
- Lower Bout: 10"
- Nut, Width: Bone, 1-1/8"
- Depth: 2-1/2"
- Body Length: 12-3/4"
- Total Length: 27-1/4"
- Pickup: None