RM-991-S with Squareneck (Nickel-Plated Bell Brass Finish)
Recording King's classic tricone resonator has three 6” Recording King cones that transfer incredibly loud tones through the body of the guitar. The cones are positioned with two on the bass side and one on the treble side, giving an EQ balance with a sweeter, warmer sound.
This tricone is made from nickel-plated bell brass and features a screen coverplate and T-shaped bridge with an ebony and maple saddle. The bridge is connected to the center of each cone so that when the strings are hit, the vibrations run through the saddle and then into the bridge. This tricone has a distinct tone and long sustain characterized by brilliant overtones and a natural ambiance only found in resonator instruments.
- Body: Nickel-Plated Bell Brass
- Neck: Honduran Mahogany Squareneck
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Cone Material: Hand-Spun Aluminum
- Cone: Three 6" Recording King Cones
- Coverplate: Tricone Screen
- Headstock: Plated Recording King Logo
- Tailpiece: Bell Brass
- Bridge: T-Bridge with Ebony & Maple Saddle
- Position Markers: M.O.P. Dot
- Tuners: Open Geared
- Nut, Width: 1.9"
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Depth: 3.5"
- Upper Bout: 10-3/8"
- Lower Bout: 14-3/8"
- Body Length: 18-1/8"
- Total Length: 38.5"
- Finish Options: Nickel-Plated Bell Brass