Developed in collaboration with guitarist and historian Eric Schoenberg, the Recording King O and OO guitars (RP1-626-C and RP2-626-C) offer players the even frequency response, clarity and wider neck traditional to a classic small-body instrument.
The one-piece mahogany neck with a classic v-profile meets the body at the 12-fret with a hand cut dovetail joint, giving these guitars a true small body sound, warm and rich, but perfectly balanced. The solid AAA Engelmann spruce top and solid mahogany back and sides have been carefully selected and hand-assembled. With a 1-3/4” nut width, Grover tuners, ebony fretboard and ebony pyramid bridge, these O and OO guitars are as well-appointed and unique as they are beautiful. Each guitar is sprayed with a thin coat of nitrocellulose lacquer and then hand-buffed for a finish that is extremely resonant and historically accurate.
The RP1-626-C and RP2-626-C models have Recording King's lifetime warranty.
- MODEL: RP1/RP2-626
- BODY SHAPE: O (RP1), OO (RP2)
- TOP MATERIAL: Solid AAA Englemann Spruce
- BACK MATERIAL: Solid African Mahogany
- SIDE MATERIAL: Solid African Mahogany
- TOP BRACING PATTERN: Fully Scalloped X-Bracing
- TOP BRACES: Scalloped Spruce
- NECK MATERIAL: 1 Piece Mahogany
- NECK PROFILE: Schoenberg "V"
- NECK JOINT: Hand-Cut Dovetail
- FRETBOARD MATERIAL: Ebony
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.4"
- # OF FRETS CLEAR: 12
- # OF FRETS TOTAL: 20
- NUT MATERIAL: Bone
- NUT WIDTH: 1-3/4"
- HEADSTOCK TYPE: Recording King Special Logo
- HEADSTOCK OVERLAY: Rosewood
- HEADSTOCK INLAY: None
- TUNING MACHINES: Open-Geared Grover Butterbean
- BODY BINDING: Grained Ivoroid
- ROSETTE: 3-Ring TOP
- PURFLING: 5-Ply B/W/B/W/B
- FRETBOARD INLAYS: Diamond and Square, Pattern 1
- FRETBOARD BINDING: None
- BRIDGE MATERIAL: Ebony
- BRIDGE SHAPE: Pyramid Style
- SADDLE: Bone
- BRIDGE PINS & ENDPIN: Black with Abalone Dot
- PICKGUARD: None
- FINISH: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- ELECTRONICS: None, or Fishman Matrix EQ
- (RP1-626-CFE1 and RP2-626-CFE1)