The LTD2014 guitar is a very special expression of the more than 50 years of tradition and craftsmanship embodied in the many talented craftspeople who design and build Takamine guitars.
The fingerboard and pickguard are artfully adorned with delicately crafted imagery of the bird that symbolizes central Japan’s Gifu prefecture—the snow grouse, or raicho. Gifu’s beautiful prefectural bird inhabits the Hida Mountains, which provided the original inspiration for the Takamine name and have long served as its ancestral home. As such a symbol, the graceful raicho imbues this elegantly appointed instrument with the very spirit of Takamine and its Japanese homeland.
Featuring an all-new slope-shoulder dreadnought cutaway body design with a neck joined at the 12th fret, the LTD2014 combines a solid Sitka spruce top with a solid flame maple back and flame maple sides to produce a clear, articulate voice with excellent presence and dynamic range. Takamine’s dual-channel CT4-DX preamp and Palathetic™ under-saddle pickup ensure that the guitar’s true voice shines in any performance setting.
Other premium features include ivoroid binding with abalone body and headstock purfling, abalone rosette, ebony fingerboard, bone nut, rosewood bridge with split bone saddle, cosmo black tuners and a beautiful Transparent Black Burst finish. Includes deluxe hard-shell case.
The LTD2014 will be limited to 52 pieces worldwide, with a combination of design and features that will never be duplicated. Each instrument is numbered and includes a certificate of authenticity signed by the President of Takamine.
- Color: Transparent Black Burst
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Shape: Slope Shoulder Dreadnought Cutaway
- Bracing: X Bracing
- Rosette: Abalone
- Body Back: Solid Flame Maple
- Body Sides: Flame Maple
- Body Top: Solid Spruce
- Purfling: Abalone
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Scale Length: 24.75" (628 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Special Electronics: CT4-DX Preamp with 4-band EQ, Two Notch-Filter Controls, Dual-Pickup Mix Control (If Second Pickup is Added), Volume Control, Onboard Tuner and Palathetic™ Under-Saddle Pickup.
- Bridge: Rosewood with Split Bone Saddle
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black
- Strings: D'Addario® EXP 16 Coated Phosphor Bronze (.012-.053 Gauges)