ZOOM Q4: THE CAMERA FOR CREATORS
Definitive Sound. Singular Vision.
The world needs listeners and viewers, but it belongs to the creators. The Zoom Q4 combines high-definition video with high-resolution audio. Compact and lightweight yet full-featured, the Q4 provides everything you need to shoot amazing videos with incredible sound. That means you'll never have to compromise on creativity.
The Sound Behind The Scenes
The Q4 delivers audio nuance and quality that far surpass that of any other video camera. Its built-in X/Y microphone allows you to create stunning stereo recordings that cover a wide area while still capturing sound sources in the center with clarity and definition.
CTA: Explore Superior Sound
HIGH-RESOLUTION AUDIO MEETS HIGH-DEFINITION VIDEO
Portable Video Redefined
Zoom products have long set the gold standard for portable audio. The all-new Q4 redefines the state of the art in portable video.
Professional videographers understand that the sound is as important as the scene. It’s not enough to capture the sound of the ocean; you have to be able to feel the water bubbling beneath your feet. The Q4 delivers exactly that kind of experience. Its unique blend of high-resolution 24-bit/96kHz audio with high-definition 1080p video means never having to compromise on quality.
X/Y RECORDING, Wide Angle Stereo
The Q4's wide angle X/Y microphone incorporates two matched unidirectional elements—mics that are especially sensitive to signal coming from directly in front, and less sensitive to signal coming from behind or from the sides. The convenient placement of the mic enables the supplied the windscreen to be easily attached, allowing you to use the Q4 even on difficult outdoor shoots. In addition, a built-in low-cut filter can be used to reduce low-frequency noise, allowing you to capture great sound both indoors and outdoors.
Customizable Input To Maximize Creative Output
The Q4’s mic/line level input and multiple outputs (micro HDMI, mini USB, and line-level/headphone jack, with dedicated volume control) allow you to easily interconnect it with other audio and video equipment for enhanced functionality.
It's All About the Experience
The Q4 doesn’t just get good footage, it captures experiences. Use it to document the important events in your life such as weddings, anniversaries, and graduations—or use it for creative projects, giving your work the crisp, realistic quality it deserves.
Enjoy That Great Performance Over and Over Again
The Q4's built-in X/Y microphone is designed to capture the natural ambience of a live concert and deliver lifelike sound with sharpness and definition. An optional guitar clamp lets viewers experience firsthand what it’s like to be onstage.
Capture Shots From A Better Perspective
Compact, lightweight, and mountable on any standard tripod or three prong action camera mount, the Q4 is optimized to go where the action is. It offers a full-color LCD which can be freely rotated for self-shooting or detached for increased portability and extended battery life. Sensing options allow the Q4 to automatically adapt to various lighting situations, and there are selectable viewing angles too. The Q4 is also able to send digital data to DAWs or video editors such as iMovie or Final Cut Pro.
Take It Wherever You Go
The Q4 can act as a live web camera or USB microphone, making it as useful for reporting breaking news in the field as it is for personal blogs or conducting interviews. Use it handheld or mount it to any standard tripod or three prong action camera mount for a wide range of interesting angles.
Unparalleled Audio Quality
The Q4's X/Y microphone and support for high-resolution audio assure full fidelity without compromise, and it's also compatible with a wide array of audio software products that allow you to further enhance your creativity. Connect to your computer or iPad (using an Apple Camera Connection Kit), select your preferred editing or streaming software, and be heard.
Go Wherever Your Imagination Leads You
The Zoom Q4 is equipped to handle even the most demanding filming or recording situations, enabling you to take on a wide range of ambitious projects.
High-Resolution PerspectiveThe Q4’s versatile and flexible design challenges video creators to push themselves to the limit. Compact yet compatible with standard tripod and three prong action camera mounts, the Q4 can go anywhere. Its wide-angle lens and choice of video formats and frame rates allow the Q4 to record sharp, detailed images in any situation, and its full-color rotating LCD—which can be detached during shooting for portability and extended battery life—provides a clear preview of each moment you capture.
The Q4's LCD and built-in speaker allows instant monitoring of your recordings, but it also offers additional flexibility through its various connectors: a stereo 1/8" Mic/Line In jack, a stereo 1/8" Line In/Headphone jack, a micro-HDMI video output, and a USB port. Make use of a wide range of devices to boost your production capabilities: connect, stream, and share.
All you need to power the Q4 is the single supplied lithium-ion (Li-Ion) battery, which can be recharged with the use of an optional AC adapter or by connecting the Q4 to your computer via USB. Battery life is approximately three hours when shooting video at 720p/30fps, or two hours when shooting high-definition 1080/30fps video, giving you the freedom to leave the studio behind and explore the world around you.
The Q4 records directly to SDXC cards up to 128GB in a variety of video and audio file formats, making it fully adaptable for your needs. The three HD settings provide maximum video quality while the two WVGA options can be used to conserve SD card space. The Q4 supports two audio file formats: WAV, up to 24-bit/96k, for uncompressed full fidelity sound, or AAC to conserve space.
Q4 Features At A Glance
- High-quality wide angle lens with selectable viewing angles
- Built-in stereo X/Y microphone
- Full-color LCD can be rotated for self-shooting and detached for increased portability and extended battery life
- Records directly to SDXC cards (up to 128GB)
- Supports WVGA and HD (high-definition) video formats up to 1080 x 1920 pixels, with frame rates of 30 / 60 fps
- Supports AAC and WAV audio formats up to 24-bit/96kHz
- Three imaging sense options (AUTO/CONCERT/NIGHT) for use in all lighting environments
- Mic/Line-level input for connection to external microphones, portable recorders and personal music players
- Three-position MIC GAIN switch with Auto-Gain control (CONCERT/MEETING/SOLO) and Peak LED
- Supplied hairy windscreen and low-cut filter for the elimination of low-frequency noise and rumble
- Built-in speaker for fast monitoring
- Line-level/headphone output with dedicated volume control
- HDMI video output for connection to HDTVs, selectable between NTSC and PAL
- USB interface for live streaming and data transfer to and from computer editing software
- Compatible with USTREAM Producer, Flash live Media Encorder, Skype and other popular streaming applications
- USB mic function for use with external devices such as computers and iPads (with Apple Camera Connection Kit)
- SDXC card reader function
- Rechargeable Li-Ion battery (chargeable via USB or optional AC adapter)
- Battery life of more than 2 hours
- Standard tripod mount and compatible with three prong action camera mounts
- Optional guitar clamp and mic stand mount
- Removable LCD Panel
- USB cable
- Rechargeable Lithium-ion (Li-ion) battery (BT-02)
- Hairy windscreen
- Hairy windscreen attachment screw
- User guide
- AC adapter (Zoom AD-17)
- Guitar head mount (GHM-4) coming soon
- Mic stand mount (MSM-4) coming soon
- Water resistant jacket (WRJ-4) coming soon