“Arete” is an ancient Greek word meaning “excellence in all things.”
Perfectly balanced in weight and tone, we currently offer the Arete
guitar in 3 levels: 3-Star, 4-Star, and 5-Star.
The Arete model is available in a player’s choice of premium tone-woods
such as mahogany, rosewood, walnut, korina, and (a surprise for many)
The Arete’s standard pickup configuration is the dual humbucker set-up.
Your Arete guitar is available in either hand-rubbed oil or gloss finishes depending on the particular body wood used.
Our oil-finished guitars have a rich glow that will wear-in beautifully to a fine patina. Our gloss guitars feature a glassy, but thin finish that is both resilient and tonally vibrant.
The fingerboards are rosewood or ebony and come with either “clay” dots, “mini bull’s eye” pearl dots, or our striking “Infinity” inlays.
All Arete guitars include Habanero pickups as standard. The Arete 3-Star uses Sapele (African Mahogany) wood and Pearloid inlays.
- Thin-gloss or natural hand-rubbed oil finish (depending on wood/color choice)
- Basswood, Korina, Walnut, Rosewood body
- Floyd Rose or non-locking trem
- Pearl “Infinity” inlays
- Ivoroid binding or wood on certain models
- GJ2 neck-through-body construction
- 3-piece center section for maximum stability and unmatched tone and sustain