We've seen it (and done it) hundreds of times: grabbing the guitar out of the side of a partially unzipped case while standing up. We do this to save space, to save time, or to save our backs. This observation became the driving concept behind the Vertigo™, the world's first top-loading guitar case. The top loading feature might have been enough, but we went ahead and redesigned the Headlock™ for automatic neck support. Then we created The Boot™, a rubber sole designed for unsurpassed protection against vertical drops. The game has changed.
The Vertigo™ features a fully redesigned Headlock™ neck suspension system. No strapping, buckling, or belting required. No extra steps. Just throw your guitar in and the neck finds a natural resting point in the base of the Headlock™. Then zip the case up and the top section of the Headlock™ automatically clamps down over your guitar, holding it firmly in place. Your headstock is now fully protected against backward drops and side-to-side impact. Lightning fast!
Another first of its kind, The Boot™ takes guitar protection to a new level. Using manufacturing technologies from the footwear industry, the Vertigo™ bounces off of concrete like a pair of cross trainers. With its custom molded rubber outsole and EVA insole, The Boot™ also protects strap pins of all shapes and sizes from those nasty vertical drops. Travel in confidence and style. It's a good look.
A slick feature that you will come to love. The Vertigo™ does not open like a traditional guitar case. Its design allows you to quickly unzip the case and pull your guitar out from the top. This is enabled by a hidden diagonal hinge on the front panel of the case. Once unzipped, the case naturally opens out and to the right. No need to lay your guitar case down on the floor. Stop bending over. Nobody wants to see that. Take a stand!
Everything in its place. Specialized storage compartments put your gear right where you need it. Deep gussets make sure your small items stay put.
These measurements represent the inner capacity of the case. If you are unsure about the fit for your guitar, make sure it does not exceed any of the maximum dimensions shown just to be safe.
Fits all standard electric bass guitars including Fender, Ibanez, Fodera, Warwick, Tobias, Yamaha. Also fits some not-so-standard bass guitars.
- Headlock Zoom: the molded headlock base gives your guitar some tough love against hard impacts
- Side Impact Protection: Once closed, the Headlock grips your guitar in place and protects against side impact.
- Insole Protection: Vertigo features a shock-absorbing molded EVA inside for extreme strap pin protection
- Outsole Protection: A molded rubber outside gives The Boot a middle crush zone for strap pin protection.
- Guitar Tick Ready: Vertigo is tick-ready! Add the Guitar Tick for the ultimate travel rig.
- ABS Shell: Vertigo features a hybrid shell with lightweight ABS panels protecting the headstock.