The OP-1 from Teenage Engineering is a synth like no other. With its futuristic design, the OP-1 takes on the role of synthesizer, sampler, and controller all-in-one highly stylized package. This synth is something to behold, but it sounds even better than it looks, with exciting features like the FM Radio and an assignable G-Force sensor for motion controlled effects. OP-1 also incorporates a built-in Tape feature that gives you the ability to record everything you do on up to four tracks, with overdubbing and reverse recording functions.
Synthesizer and controller
8 built-in synthesizer engines, multiple effects and LFO's. And some really unique sequencers ready to explore. Connect it to your computer and control your DAW with the common play, stop, rec, forward and rewind. Use the 4 rotary encoders and 8 x 2 dedicated quick keys for fast selections.
Built in 4-track tape
Record everything on the built in 4-track tape. Match the tape speed to the sequencer clock for some really nice overdubbing with changing pitch. Change tape speed while recording, or even record backwards in real-time. Switch to the 4-channel mixer and add some texture with the built in EQ and Drive.
Drag and drop
When plugged to a Mac/PC using USB, the OP-1 shows up as a mass storage device. Ready for you to drag and drop audio files between your computer and the OP-1. The 4 tape tracks are available as well as sampled waveforms for you to manipulate. No additional software or drivers required. Just plug and play.
The unique OP-1 color-coded interface with color graphics on the beautiful OLED display is direct related to the four-color rotary encoders and the legend on the keyboard. This makes for extremely easy reading and a non-technical way to control and shape your sounds. Finally, you don't have to be a scientist to use a synthesizer.
16 Hours Battery Power
Playing at maximum volume you can travel over the Atlantic Ocean twice, constantly making music on your OP-1 before it runs out of power. And at the same time have over 2 years of stand by time.
- Multiple Synthesizer Engines with Exchangable Architecture
- Built-in 24 Voice Instant Live Sampler
- 4 track Tape Recorder with Variable Tape Speed
- 6 Minutes Recording Time. (Up to 24 Minutes)
- 4 track Mixer with EQ, Effect, Drive and Master Out
- Multiple Exchangable Effects
- Multiple Exchangable Sequencers
- USB MIDI Controller - MAC & PC Compatible
- 2-Way USB File Transfer - MAC & PC Compatible
- Color Coded Vector Based User Interface
- Instant Reverse and variable Tape Speed Recording
- Full Classic Tape Editing Capabilities
- Master Tempo with Beat Matching to Tape Feature