James Tyler® Variax® is the only guitar in the world that can sound like an entire collection of vintage instruments. By combining industry-leading Line 6 digital modeling with boutique-style craftsmanship, JTV-69 puts 29 amazing instruments at your fingertips – 28 vintage instruments plus the sound of a beautifully crafted electric guitar from a master luthier. Get inspired by 18 vintage electrics, five classic acoustics and more. Switch up your tunings on the fly-or go beyond what's possible in the physical realm and create custom instruments with Variax Workbench. Tap into your full creative potential with James Tyler Variax.
By combining patented, industry-leading Line 6 digital modeling technology with boutique-style craftsmanship, James Tyler® Variax® is the only guitar in the world that can sound like an entire collection of vintage instruments – 28 instrument models, plus the James Tyler-designed guitar itself. No more dragging piles of instruments to gigs or recording sessions. JTV-69 gives you an endless variety of guitar sounds – from classic acoustic and vintage electric tones all the way to sitar and banjo, plus the onboard SSH pickup configuration – in a double-cutaway, 25-1/2″ scale-length, bolt-on neck guitar designed by one of the world's finest luthiers.
When it comes to electrics, we've included 18 incredible instruments to take you from classic rock sounds to blues, country and more. Featuring meticulous models based on the Strat®, Les Paul® and Rickenbacker® guitars, among others, your James Tyler Variax provides instant access to the guitar tones favored by the world's most famous players. Whether you're performing or recording guitar, Variax gives you an amazing breadth of sounds for all styles of music.
- Alder body
- Bolt-on solid maple neck with rosewood fingerboard
- 25-1/2″ scale length
- Tyler '59 neck shape
- 22 medium-jumbo frets and dot inlays
- 1-5/8″ Graph Tech Black TUSQ XL self-lubricating nut
- Sealed locking/staggered tuners (16:1 turn ratio)
- Chrome hardware
- Fully adjustable Tyler-designed tremolo bridge
- L.R. Baggs Radiance Hex piezo pickup system
- Alnico bridge humbucker and vintage-style neck and middle single-coil pickups wound to Tyler's specs
- Master Volume and Tone knobs
- Model knob and Alt Tune roller knob for easily accessing 28 vintage instrument sounds and 11 alternate tunings
- 5-way selector switch
- VDI (Variax® Digital Interface) for integration with Line 6 POD HD500 and POD HD PRO, and limited compatibility with POD® xt, POD® X3, Vetta™ II amplifier and other legacy Line 6 products
- Lithium-ion battery (12 hours of play time) and international wall charger (also functions as standard electric guitar without batteries)
- Variax Workbench™ software and USB interface
- Includes high-quality padded gig bag
- Additional battery, charger and cable kit available separately